Resident Evil: Revelations 2 possible leak and Evil Within footage

#21sbn4Posted 7/16/2014 7:06:14 AM
That game has some much potential. If only it had gotten more care during production. Also RE4 should thank it for soundtrack reasons as some of its themes came from that game.

I remember the early build having her using a gun. But when it was changed to dance moves, many people immediately lost interest. I think literally the only good thing about the game is the main character and the overdrive moves. They are still fun to look at even today. They are pretty stylized. And the soundtrack was awesome as well. But only Hunk and Krauser's theme were taken from that game. Though Ada's RE4 Mercenaries track could have come straight from PN03.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#22ReceiverxWisdomPosted 7/16/2014 10:22:56 AM
SSJ_Jin posted...
ReceiverxWisdom posted...
Not sure how I feel about stealth in The Evil Within but I think it's going to make the game far too easy in some spots imo. I love stealth sections don't get me wrong however I don't feel "terrified" if I can just clear out a room of creatures in under 5 minutes with being undetected.

I miss that visceral feel of monsters chasing you down in survival horror games. I love the atmosphere though so they're nailing that part right as far as I can see.

Like I said, reminded me of The Last Of Us. So so far this game, from what I've seen, is like TLOU + RE4 with a Silent Hill flavor. lol

I agree and even as far as the AI is concerned I got a bad feeling about it. These are the most braindead bullet sponges I've EVER seen in a horror game. I haven't seen one preview where the player was in fear of being killed unless it was a Ruvick illusion.

My hopes have certainly dropped from "hyped" to "cautiously optimistic" about TEW.
---
R* Social Club ID: Ren_Operative
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#23CPU-ZPosted 7/17/2014 2:31:52 PM
Long post, eh? Gotta check that topic out.
#24ManuMIASPosted 7/17/2014 2:57:43 PM
I hope this is truth but for God sake change the name of the tittle, "Revelations 2" its so corny unless they are trying to make it a Jill storyline game. Like how 2,4,6 are Leon games, 1,5 are Chris games and 3, REV are Jill games.
#25IlDankoPosted 7/17/2014 3:12:46 PM
ManuMIAS posted...
I hope this is truth but for God sake change the name of the tittle, "Revelations 2" its so corny unless they are trying to make it a Jill storyline game. Like how 2,4,6 are Leon games, 1,5 are Chris games and 3, REV are Jill games.

6 ain't Leon's game.. Between the 3 campaigns, his is the least important. If something it would be Ada's or Jake's game.
---
Crawling back to you.
PSN: Dan21993
#26mr369248Posted 7/17/2014 3:32:30 PM
IlDanko posted...
ManuMIAS posted...

6 ain't Leon's game.. Between the 3 campaigns, his is the least important. If something it would be Ada's or Jake's game.

Didn't they call him the mc in some interview or something.
#27IlDankoPosted 7/17/2014 4:11:16 PM
mr369248 posted...
IlDanko posted...
ManuMIAS posted...

Idk.. But it would be funny, since he isn't even the main character in his own campaign..
---
Crawling back to you.
PSN: Dan21993
#28TheSkinniMini1Posted 7/18/2014 7:13:37 AM
IlDanko posted...
ManuMIAS posted...

Out of all the playable characters it's definitely Ada's game. She's (unintentionally) the cause of the whole RE6 storyline.

mr369248 posted...
IlDanko posted...
ManuMIAS posted...

I was trying to find the interview, but I do remember them saying something like this around the time before release.
---
Why do I like video games? Easy. They're journeys that you decide to take on and explore.
#29TheSkinniMini1Posted 7/18/2014 7:15:15 AM
IlDanko posted...
mr369248 posted...
IlDanko posted...
ManuMIAS posted...

Idk.. But it would be funny, since he isn't even the main character in his own campaign..

Exactly. That was Helena's campaign. He was the Piers/Sherry of that campaign. I personally don't see how anyone could think otherwise.

P.S While looking for that interview about Leon, I just so happen to come across this comment by one of the game's director.

"ES: Before we had anything decided for the game, before we had any gameplay elements, before the script itself, before the story, anything, what I had was concept art of Leon and Chris. That scene of them facing off with each other. That was the very first thing I came up with for this game. Once we got the okay to use Leon and Chris in the game, it was a matter of building a supporting cast around them, finding who would be a perfect fit for that."

I know it doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand right now, but the fact that this game was built around a Chris vs Leon picture speaks volumes.
---
Why do I like video games? Easy. They're journeys that you decide to take on and explore.
#30GoldsicklePosted 7/18/2014 7:47:56 AM
Stealth only seems "easy" because almost every other stealth game has some sort of radar, see-through-walls ability, enemy detector and other miscellaneous features, like Siren's psychic ability to see through the eyes of others.

Unless The Evil Within has similar functions, there would be a lot of "peek of faith", where you pray the enemy isn't looking directly at you when you're trying to visually confirm them.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)