What if Resident Evil had an offspring with...

#1neetking0021Posted 7/17/2014 4:18:10 PM
Which game would Resident Evil pair up with to produce the most attractive scare?

What if Resident evil and the Silent Hill had an offspring? I would love to play a game with the Resident evil characters along with the concept of Silent Hill environment.
---
MK8,DS2,FFXIII LR, RE6 playthroughs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpIkal-TRu78MzJsxzS61zQ
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NeetKing0021
#2sbn4Posted 7/17/2014 4:27:25 PM
Nah, psychological scares are something the series has never been about.

It should be more along the lines of Dead Space or Haunting Ground. RE needs enemies as aggressive as Dead Space since the controls are adapting to give players more flexibility. But its not doing the same for the AI. In RE6, zombies are a complete joke. The only way Capcom made them challenging is to make them cheap and obnoxious. How many times did you say "wtf" in Leon's campaign when a scripted zombie lying on the ground grabbed you, didn't lay a single scratch on you but you still lost a FULL block of health? Don't get me started on UC cheap zombie AI. Counters are also over powered and J'avos are similarly easy to deal with. But at least they fit with the scheme better.

I think RE having a sense of isolation and level design that Haunting Ground had would be amazing. I'm not suggesting the next RE to be as barren as Haunting Ground, but it needs that level of being alone and under powered again. Plus Fiona also looks like Jill's younger sister.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#3neetking0021(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 4:28:41 PM
Yep. it would be nice to maybe mix in a little bit of Fatal Frame too ^^
---
MK8,DS2,FFXIII LR, RE6 playthroughs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpIkal-TRu78MzJsxzS61zQ
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NeetKing0021
#4StrangerSirKaiPosted 7/17/2014 5:30:34 PM
Dark Souls please. That series nails exploration-driven level design and keeps the player on their toes while still being predominantly about action
---
Savott loves corporations everyone else hates more than I love dinosaurs. -Helix Snake
#5bybyrPosted 7/17/2014 11:50:58 PM
amnesia! that game is scary.
#6BlueSalvationPosted 7/18/2014 5:11:03 AM
You are on a topic creating roll, neetking. A Fatal Frame fused with Resident Evil reminds me a lot of what Resident Evil 3.5 was trying to do. Except those were more hallucinations I think. Either way it seemed like a creepy Fatal Frame inspired concept. I would have loved to see what they could have done with that version.

Resident Evil would have offspring with the opposite of it. Homeless Good. Because opposites attract, right?
---
Claire: Thanks. I'll do that.
Steve: Hey. I was just kidding. There's no way he can get here, even if he is your brother.
#7piecemealcrankyPosted 7/18/2014 2:10:34 PM
StrangerSirKai posted...
Dark Souls please.

---
May piece be upon you.
#8SiLVeR_420Posted 7/18/2014 2:21:03 PM
bybyr posted...
amnesia! that game is scary.

If you're a baby.
---
All hail Satsuki-sama!
Hey hey Start Dash
#9ChanjuanPosted 7/18/2014 5:17:38 PM
RE's best bet for a crossover, for me, would be with Dino Crisis. Both have similar background (and by Capcom to boot), and design.

RE's just not easily gonna click with the likes of Fatal Frame or Silent Hill because both of them have supernatural influence, whereas RE is more scientific. Silent Hill and Fatal Frame could very well have a convincing (and FREAKING TERRIFYING) fusion. But RE needs something more sci-fi, less paranormal. Dead Space may work well with RE, but Dino Crisis would be my suggestion.

However, I might even say Outlast and RE could work. Just maybe.

Amnesia needs a crossover with Haunting Ground, stat.
#10IlDankoPosted 7/18/2014 5:51:57 PM
Chanjuan posted...
RE's best bet for a crossover, for me, would be with Dino Crisis. Both have similar background (and by Capcom to boot), and design

I thought they already did that in RE6... You know.. With T-Rex Simmons, those lizard things and all that stuff..

On topic... None.

New RE should have an offspring with Old RE. That's it.
---
Crawling back to you.
PSN: Dan21993