So about Piers... (spoilers)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. So about Piers... (spoilers)
1 year ago#1
...since he was depicted died, do you think he will make a comeback? Death is kinda cheap in RE. we have seen wesker come back several times over. I don't think Capcom will dismiss Piers because he's a very popular character in RE fandom. I swear I encountered more Chris x Piers supporters than supposedly canon Chris x Jill fandom.
1 year ago#2
SPOILERS AND STUFF. Even though the topic clearly states this, I have to reinforce it.

Given he lost his arm before injecting himself with the C-Virus to save Chris in a last ditch effort, I'd say no. Very unlikely since he received such a heroic (and an awesome one at that) death. So... people want a mutated Piers to return? He pretty much sacrificed his humanity to save Chris. Bringing him back in human form can MAYBE be a result of cloning and I'd really like to discourage that aspect from going further than it already has.

I'm sure they won't dismiss him. Mercenaries mode may keep him afloat in later games. I can't see him getting anymore exposure than that unless Piers has flashback scenarios. Such as showing him taking on missions before learning about Chris and then showing his process to locate Chris during the game?

He's done in my eyes.
---
Claire: Thanks. I'll do that.
Steve: Hey. I was just kidding. There's no way he can get here, even if he is your brother.
1 year ago#3
Dumbest thing ever honestly. He got pretty messed up just before he died. If he came back, he wouldn't be the same Piers. Not to mention it would cheapen his death and sacrifice. As it is, the only good thing about the story in RE6 was Chris and Piers' story/campaign.

And besides, its a well known fact that only good guys stay dead in the series. Only bad guys can cheat death in this series.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
1 year ago#4
Sure.. Only in prequels to RE6.. A game based on Mrhawa Desire wouldn't be bad
---
Crawling back to you.
PSN: Dan21993
1 year ago#5
Piers should turn into a cocoon and whatever comes out of it becomes Chris's pet.
---
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)
1 year ago#6
actually it would be nice if Piers can come back either as villain or as protagonist with special power (like Sherry). Honestly, there are at least 4 protagonists infected with virus (jill, sherry, piers, and maybe jake if you count his antibodies as virus), but it doesn't affect their power or anything. but the villains, they have lovecraftian superpowers.
1 year ago#7
Why...would he be a villain?
---
All hail Satsuki-sama!
Hey hey Start Dash
1 year ago#8
That virus makes him lose his sanity or whatever.
1 year ago#9
Think that'd of been something that happened immediately
---
All hail Satsuki-sama!
Hey hey Start Dash
1 year ago#10
The simple act of bringing him back alive could stir such unrest among 'realists' within the fan base, that most of them would outright call out Capcom on its BS regarding the plot.

Then again, Capcom has never been one to implement a stellar Grade AAA plot in the RE franchise universe since the days of Umbrella.
---
---
"When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks alone" - Iron Maiden
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. So about Piers... (spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived