Resident Evil vs Biohazard

#1bybyrPosted 7/21/2014 3:40:20 AM
which one is a better name for the franchise? - Results (83 votes)
Resident Evil
45.78% (38 votes)
Biohazard
54.22% (45 votes)
This poll is now closed.
which one is a better name for the franchise? resident evil makes the franchise is kinda paranormal and misleading because there is no paranormal factor at all. biohazard however, directly explains what the franchise is all about, virus contamination creates monster, etc etc.

I actually played biohazard first, and resident evil later. since I couldn't read japanese, and didn't finish the game until few years later and I was left wondering why there were zombies and monsters in the mansion at first place.

actually, why capcom changed the franchise when they released the 1st game in the west? patent conflict?
#2GaspenPaynePosted 7/21/2014 6:18:24 AM
Biohazard...

Resident Evil worked with "Mansion" but not with: City, Africa, Spain, wherever-the-hell-re6-takes-place, or anything that isn't a "residence"

Because the game is about "BIO TERRORISM" not "MANSION EVIL"
---
I don't care if I face a red monkey or a yellow monkey...~Gaspen Payne, 2013
#3Hewie3Posted 7/21/2014 7:03:13 AM
GaspenPayne posted...
Biohazard...

Resident Evil worked with "Mansion" but not with: City, Africa, Spain, wherever-the-hell-re6-takes-place, or anything that isn't a "residence"

Nailed it.
---
PSN ID: LeonHart32
#4SSJ_JinPosted 7/21/2014 7:05:00 AM
GaspenPayne posted...
Biohazard...

Resident doesn't mean house. Resident works with all the other games as well.

That said, Biohazard may be the better choice, but since I know the series as Resident Evil, I'm going with Resident Evil.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#5BlueSalvationPosted 7/21/2014 7:13:18 AM
Biohazard is great, but I'm used to the waters of Resident Evil. Sticking with that as the better name because changing it now would feel strange to me. The same feeling as someone changing their birth name after years of being called by it.
---
Claire: Thanks. I'll do that.
Steve: Hey. I was just kidding. There's no way he can get here, even if he is your brother.
#6so_realPosted 7/21/2014 9:09:49 AM
I actually prefer Resident Evil simply because it's more interesting than Biohazard. Biohazard leaves nothing to the imagination and is very sterile.
#7TheSkinniMini1Posted 7/21/2014 12:23:06 PM
I've always felt the western version of the title stopped fitting after RE1. Granted they most likely didn't have the events of RE2 or even a sequel in mind while renaming the series, I think a title like Viral Outbreak would have been a good alternative to Biohazard.
---
Why do I like video games? Easy. They're journeys that you decide to take on and explore.
#8GiftedACIIIPosted 7/21/2014 6:04:00 PM
Biohazard. The entire franchise is about Bio-organic weapons and some of the stories itself (notably 2 and outbreak) are about surviving against mindless creatures acting on their instincts rather than against an actual villain.
And I agree that Resident Evil gave out a paranormal feeling (which was what I thought the very first time I played it) rather than the scientific creatures that it actually had.
---
Only a complete moron would commit the same violation over and over even after being warned for it
#9bybyr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 10:08:00 PM
I think the monsters are still fascinating "Evil" during the first 3 games, but once they used the term B. O. W. they lose their mysterious, paranormal feel.
#10IlDankoPosted 7/22/2014 10:34:36 AM
TheSkinniMini1 posted...
I've always felt the western version of the title stopped fitting after RE1. Granted they most likely didn't have the events of RE2 or even a sequel in mind while renaming the series, I think a title like Viral Outbreak would have been a good alternative to Biohazard.

Or just outbreak...
---
Crawling back to you.
PSN: Dan21993