I'm glad to see they went back to survival horror.

#1DarkJaydragonPosted 1/19/2012 5:42:28 PM
Lol.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#2chris1001 the sequelPosted 1/19/2012 5:46:02 PM
Hard to make that judgement before we really know too much. At the very least it looks to bring back some of the scares that went missing from 5 and were barely present in 4.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#3shotgunheadshotPosted 1/19/2012 5:51:40 PM
Ever since RE2 they have been action games then re4 finally labeled the games now as an action packed horror game. Resident Evil games becoming action packed was always the natural progression the games were becoming anyway. Its not really surprising really.
#4Minatokun13Posted 1/20/2012 7:43:51 AM
Just becayuse controls look more or less the same as previous games with the over the shoulder camera and all, doesn't mean it's not survival horror. Survival horror means limited ammo instead of the 50 shotgun shells every other step-system in RE5. That could still be true.
#5The_DjokerPosted 1/20/2012 8:05:59 AM

Just becayuse controls look more or less the same as previous games with the over the shoulder camera and all, doesn't mean it's not survival horror. Survival horror means limited ammo instead of the 50 shotgun shells every other step-system in RE5. That could still be true.

Survival Horror = Limited opportunity to survive and taking place in a Isolated/horror themed atmosphere.

I agree RE5 was neither though. Because it didn't have the isolation or atmosphere of RE4 and was straight up action with ugly garbage AI partner.
---
http://oi42.tinypic.com/11gn5ox.jpg
#6yorke22Posted 1/20/2012 10:18:16 AM
I don't know about anyone else but in the classic Resident Evil games I used to have 50 shotgun shells on my character at almost any given time, ammo in the originals wasn't all that scarce unless it was the original Resident Evil and to a lesser extent Code Veronica at certain points(assuming you don't abuse the knife).
---
Currently Playing: Star Wars: The Old Republic, Minecraft
TOR Character: Barristen Server: Anchorhead