Change to Co-op Gameplay.

#1lightning_handsPosted 1/19/2012 9:00:25 PM
Am I the only one who recognizes that there is definitely not going to be forced Co-op gameplay this time around? In the gameplay end of the trailer you clearly see a lack of forced partner on either Chris, Leon, or New Guy. But you do see secondary characters who are newbies to the series (minus Ashley) as possible jump-in jump out Co-op partners. I.e. If you have a partner you will have that second character tag along.

This can also be seen in the first 20 seconds of the trailer. Leon and the Girl are in near identical shots both "shooting" the president. There can't be two presidents, so depending if your which of the two characters you choose you experience the story in a mostly similar way but in a single character view (a la Halo 1).

This seems like the logical assumption from the trailer but also leaves an alternative possibility. It is possible that Chris and Leon have Single-player campaigns, and the New guy and Ashley are the only forced Co-op characters/Co-op Option. Considering Ashley's previous contributions to the RE Franchise as a Co-op Character only, and the fact that New Guy would need more character dev over Chris or Leon, forcing the kind of conversations that two characters meeting up for the first time would allow for this Character development.

Thoughts?
#2MrArmageddon8Posted 1/19/2012 9:04:15 PM

Good! Being forced to play with an AI partner sucked!

#3inferno_LanPosted 1/19/2012 9:05:45 PM
I'm pretty sure Leon is going to end up stuck with that one girl. I could see Chris going either way, but I'm not sure how much character development they want to give that one guy talking to him in the trailer. New guy and Ashley are partners for sure, though.
---
Gamertag: iNf3Rn0 Lan
PSN ID: iNf3Rn0_Lan
#4lightning_hands(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2012 9:06:37 PM
Capcom is greedy but not stupid. They know what prevented Re5 from being seen as a perfect 10 (especially coming out of the Re4 it would have been too easy), and to not fix that would be poor bussiness move.
#5ryan0991Posted 1/19/2012 9:32:25 PM(edited)

Capcom is greedy but not stupid.

I'm pretty sure they're both.

They know what prevented Re5 from being seen as a perfect 10

Far more than just the forced co-op stopped RE5 from being a 10.
---
http://gamercard.xbox360achievements.org/x360a-1/BOBtheMASTER.png
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.
#6Mr_arizonaPosted 1/19/2012 9:50:13 PM

RE5 was not as great as after 6 years between games little changed, they forced co-op, they ditched anything that had to do with fear/tension, and turned it into a C grade shooter.

From the trailer I'm seeing a Silent Hill / Gears Of War crossover and more and more anything having to do with with the old RE games are dieing out.

Really Capcom is leaving old fans and trying to lure the COD/Halo fans into this franchise. I hope all this action doesn't kill the tension the other RE games had. Even RE4 had it's moments that fell in line with the past games.

#7mochamoo-exPosted 1/19/2012 10:06:59 PM
During the first 20 seconds, Leon and the girl weren't in identical shots. The president was shambling towards the girl, and Leon was forced to shoot him. If you look closely at the over-the-shoulder shots, you can see the girl's hair clearly.
#8t0taldjPosted 1/19/2012 10:35:19 PM

Seperate co-op like merc mode would be really good. I spent a good 100hrs on it.

#9lightning_hands(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2012 10:29:02 AM
ryan0991 posted...
Capcom is greedy but not stupid.
I'm pretty sure they're both.

They know what prevented Re5 from being seen as a perfect 10
Far more than just the forced co-op stopped RE5 from being a 10.

By perfect 10, I mean to say critically, not by fans. It was one of highest rated games of that year because of hype alone. Game aside I feel the forced co-op was too noticeable a flaw to give it that famed 10 from the majority of major game reviewers. The difference between ign or gamespot saying "perfect" is sales being lost or gained.

When it comes to the resident evil franchise, stupidity doesn't seem rampant. They make alot of good business decisions related to that franchise only.

And to comment on the resident evil series deviating I have to say I only started loving resident evil because of 4. To me it's perfect, and anything that improves on concepts from re4 are better than retro-fitting the series with content from older games. That being said the horror tone is there in rw trailer unlike re5. Having to kill a best friend, the expression of Leon's face. There's at the very least an attempt. We'll see of it succeeds.
#10ryan0991Posted 1/20/2012 12:45:35 PM

By perfect 10, I mean to say critically, not by fans. It was one of highest rated games of that year because of hype alone. Game aside I feel the forced co-op was too noticeable a flaw to give it that famed 10 from the majority of major game reviewers. The difference between ign or gamespot saying "perfect" is sales being lost or gained.

But it wouldn't have gotten a 10 from any major reviewer even if it didn't have forced co-op.
---
http://gamercard.xbox360achievements.org/x360a-1/BOBtheMASTER.png
Could care less = you care at least somewhat. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all.