I feel like RE:CV was very under rated

#1Circumvent954Posted 1/20/2012 4:18:16 PM
Before I get flamed for not wanting RE: 4 and 5 gameplay, let me just make it clear that both of those games are an abomination to what RE was. Take silent hill for example, you don't see those games being turned into a John Woo movie.

Code Veronica was amazingly dark. ( Fav part was going through the secret door behind the guillotine and finding the zombie doctor ). Remember walking on the bridge in the thunderstorm to get to the Ashford mansion? Amazing.

Even on the 2nd part of the game when you fly to antarctica w/ chris looking for claire, going through a mock up of the first RE mansion, cemented the game as a classic for me.

The most important feature back in the real RE era, and what is missing from 4 and 5, is the music. The music played a crucial role in those days, really brought the game to life. Now its really a joke. I hate capcom for what they did to the best series in gaming history. (Oh yea, I just went there)

Please don't flame me or tell me what to do with my life. Yes I know I can just stop whining about it and not play RE 6 if it turns out to be another John Woo film. For those who feel like me, keep crying about it because Capcom will keep churning these disgraces out as long as noone cares.

And no i'm not playing the RE "survival horror" 3DS game that capcom just shelled out, I hate mobile gaming.
#2ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 1/20/2012 4:34:23 PM
code veronica was highly overrated

toned-down gore
awful characters (steve, ashfords)
boring enemy design
way too much backtracking. even for an re game
story that adds nothing to the main storyline other than goofy wesker
piss poor ending
---
check out my reviews at:
http://almightycheeks.hubpages.com/
#3Circumvent954(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2012 5:17:26 PM
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...
code veronica was highly overrated

toned-down gore
awful characters (steve, ashfords)
boring enemy design
way too much backtracking. even for an re game
piss poor ending

SPOILERS

toned-down gore:
I'm not sure what you mean by toned down gore. Blood still shot from the zombies / bosses everytime you hit them. There were rooms with people who committed suicide and surgically taken apart. ( Bunk bed room and secret zombie doctor room ). Numerous other rooms with different scenarios depicting nothing but violence, too many examples to go through.

awful characters
Steve I agree was a big baby, but I rather enjoyed his transformation into a tyrant, even though he checked himself when his humanity took over. The Ashfords were a great storyline I thought. It all got very creepy and chilling when you turned on the movie projector and saw the dragonfly scene. Unless your just weirded out by Alexander dressing as Alexandria, I thought it was an interesting twist and wanting to know where / what Alexandria was.

way too much backtracking. even for an re game:
There is no such thing as too much backtracking, this is the most important thing these new RE's fail to deliver. Again I'm not sure what you mean, what part where you had to backtrack upset you the most? From what I recall, it was nothing more than what you had to do in 1 & 2.

Well I feel its everything that it was built up to be, since raccoon city was nuked.
Remembering reading Chris's diary in RE2, finding out Chris was going to Europe, setting up this whole game. This was merely a story about the evolution of the T- Virus. Super Wesker originated in this game which is true, but he was fresh and new in this story, whereas he was overplayed and ruined in 4 & 5.

piss poor ending:
sadly yes, this wasn't the best ending in the RE series.
#4ben121223232424Posted 1/20/2012 7:23:57 PM
Code Veronica really was planting the seeds that was the downfall of the series. I agree with all the points made.. plus it introduced the cheesy slow motion matrix ripoff cutscenes which was the beginning of the action crap that 4 and 5 gave. Code Veronica isn't total crap but it's the worst of the originals. The only good thing was the creepy Nosferatu.
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 1/20/2012 8:20:13 PM
One thing I didn't approve of that game was Chris' sections. Mostly just rehashes of Claire's sections.
---
Bethesda should be like kangaroos, as in they shouldn't be able to step back with each new game.
Newbie at The Bar With No Name.
#6AgentX7kPosted 1/20/2012 9:16:07 PM
I agree, I thought it had the best story. Also it's the first game where anything relevant happened (Weskers return, Claire + Chris reunited).
#7ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 1/21/2012 11:43:07 AM

toned-down gore:
I'm not sure what you mean by toned down gore. Blood still shot from the zombies / bosses everytime you hit them. There were rooms with people who committed suicide and surgically taken apart. ( Bunk bed room and secret zombie doctor room ). Numerous other rooms with different scenarios depicting nothing but violence, too many examples to go through.

you couldnt dismember zombies when you shot at them. in re 1-3 you could blow a zombie in half with the shotgun but in cv you just knocked their hat off.
---
check out my reviews at:
http://almightycheeks.hubpages.com/
#8LazyyAmericanPosted 1/21/2012 12:01:52 PM
*yawns* get over it they're keeping the over the shoulder gameplay...enemies with guns, and sprinting. The old games were great for what they were and so are these new games.
---
"Only the badasses should use the elevator" account of a survivor during a zombie apocalypse
#9EvVv3Posted 1/21/2012 12:04:00 PM
one of my favorite resident evil games
---
<('-'<) ^( '-' )^ <( '-' )> ^( '-' )^ (>'-')>