Am I the only one who enjoyed Resi 5? (spoilers for 5 maybe)

#1Shadow_n_KnuxPosted 1/21/2012 11:17:26 AM

I always hear a lot of hate about it.  Now I would not call it my favourite in the series (REmake and 4 tie for that prize) but I still enjoyed it a great deal.  I especially enjoyed Wesker's demise, two rockets to the face whilst boiling alive in a volcano!?  That's how I want to go.  Don't get me wrong I liked the character but I prefer when the villain is a faceless organisation such as Umbrella or terrorists rather than one person.  I know it's not scary but CAPCOM seem to be learning from that with revelations, DSC and Leon's sections in 6 proving that they are trying incorporate horror with the modern style of gameplay (something which I should add did save the series.)  Before I finish I'd just like to mention Sheva.  Yes, she's annoying, but she is also a step forward for Video Game characters.  African males are rare breed of hero in video games so it was nice to see anAfrican female share the lead role, especially one that wasn't overtly sexualised as most female VG characters.  Yes her secret costumes were a bit revealing but even Samus Aran shows up in a space bikini now and then, plus Chris got his shirt off too for his mad max costume.  Also gameplay wise, I'm a fan of both styles so I enjoyed that factor aswell.

#2C_Dub7Posted 1/21/2012 11:18:58 AM
The hate for RE5 in a nutshell.

"IS DIFFERENT! ME NO LIKE DIFFERENT! ME LIKE SAME! NO MORE DIFFERENT!"

Oh, and Chris being on steroids apparently.
---
People are born with bull**** detection. So they can detect your bull****.
Black guy member of Clan Normal Mens - www.youtube.com/CDub7888
#3ViEtNoBoYPosted 1/21/2012 11:21:12 AM
Ok, first, paragraphs would have made your post slightly easier to read.

I personally enjoyed Resident Evil 5, and I didn't mind having Wesker's image as the man of evil. It suited him and his personality.

I also like to add, I think you're crazy for thinking Sheva wasn't sexualised. There's a difference between her and Samus if I say so myself. Not that I'm complaining. I thought she was a great addition to the series, but I'm doubtful she'll be returning to the series. Her interest lie with her country, not outbreaks around the world.
---
Official Neophyte of the Disbanded Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Veterans
Gamertag-ViEtNoBoi
#4DarkSymbiotePosted 1/21/2012 11:25:34 AM
I enjoyed Resident Evil 5. It's just that I didn't enjoy it as a Resident Evil. Know what I mean?
---
Bethesda should be like kangaroos, as in they shouldn't be able to step back with each new game.
Newbie at The Bar With No Name.
#5YnoPosted 1/21/2012 11:31:59 AM
As a resident evil game, meh.

As one of the few awesome split screen experiences I can have with my honey, kickass game.
#6SummerHero45Posted 1/21/2012 11:35:58 AM
i loved it, whether it was resident evil-esque or not, still a fun game.
---
ovo
http://i.imgur.com/DW9cl.jpg
#7LazyyAmericanPosted 1/21/2012 11:37:02 AM
Great game...and look it added more memes to the internet as well. Win win :).
---
"Only the badasses should use the elevator" account of a survivor during a zombie apocalypse
#8EvVv3Posted 1/21/2012 11:40:07 AM
fantastic game but i dont consider it Resident Evil
---
<('-'<) ^( '-' )^ <( '-' )> ^( '-' )^ (>'-')>
#9TheGrandFinalePosted 1/21/2012 11:49:49 AM
I loved playing it with a friend who's a huge RE lore fanboy like me. It's a blast in coop. But it's still a less intelligent and thought out version of RE4.

It's not the terrible game the majority would like you to believe but it's far from the series's top tier. A good game anyway. Loved the DLC too.
#10JohnnyShred612Posted 1/21/2012 11:52:27 AM
Great game, not scary at all.

That's the consensus, not that it's bad.
---
Chicago Bears: We were going to the playoffs, but then an unfortunate collision involving a knee made it impossible.