Is Resident Evil 6 original or copy and paste?

#1dark_rage864Posted 2/3/2012 7:29:30 PM

Does the game so far feel original or does it feel like they are just mixing RES 4 + 5 into one game? 

p.s. this is a early pre-speculation thread not a 'judgement day thread

#2AgentX7kPosted 2/6/2012 7:30:10 PM
Looks like an enhanced version of RE4+5 I think, core gameplay will be the same but with alot of just added (cover, walking while shooting, sliding, etc)
#3dr_zombergPosted 2/6/2012 7:44:14 PM
this is gears of evil.

everyone i know calls it that.
---
GT/PSN: KRISHANKO
Iraq was very clearly going to be Iraq's first target --Choleric_Llama
#4Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 2/6/2012 11:21:40 PM
this is gears of evil.

Which is a bit, off...considering that GoW actually took a lot from RE4, as far as controls went.

As for this game, it looks like Chris's side might be more of a mix between RE4 and RE5. But Leon's, though it appears to be fast paced like 4+5, it seems like it will be bringing back a lot of the atmosphere from earlier RE's. At least, that is what I gathered from the trailer.
---
Ridley: "If you've got size problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems and being big ain't one." -omegamarth
#5shotgunheadshotPosted 2/7/2012 5:10:55 AM(edited)
GOW copied a million other shooters. You could always shoot from cover, slide, blind fire and all that kinda crap in 3rd person shooters from the PS2 and Xbox 1. The only thing new from GOW that other games copy from them is the sprint animation when you hold the A button.
#6specialkid8Posted 2/7/2012 7:00:16 AM
dr_zomberg posted...
this is gears of evil.

You should stop knowing such stupid people.
#7FueledbyRageXPosted 2/7/2012 1:52:16 PM
Game developers always "borrow" ideas from each other. Who cares as long as the game is fun.
---
XBL GT: Fueled by Rage
This space is dedicated to the men & women of our armed forces-Thank you for your bravery!!!
#8dr_zombergPosted 2/7/2012 10:19:13 PM
specialkid8 posted...
dr_zomberg posted...
this is gears of evil.

You should stop knowing such stupid people.

while GOW did took some elements from re4, re6 has seemingly taken even MORE from gow.
---
GT/PSN: KRISHANKO
Iraq was very clearly going to be Iraq's first target --Choleric_Llama
#9Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 2/8/2012 12:55:20 AM
while GOW did took some elements from re4, re6 has seemingly taken even MORE from gow.

And we know this based on...a 3 minute long trailer than showed next to no gameplay?
---
Ridley: "If you've got size problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems and being big ain't one." -omegamarth
#10jpv2000Posted 2/8/2012 10:14:52 AM
kitty23 posted...

And we know this based on...a 3 minute long trailer than showed next to no gameplay?

Of course. This is Gamefaqs. ;-)