Why is Wesker so popular?

#1DarkFatKnightPosted 2/9/2012 7:51:25 PM
I don't understand why he's so popular amongst Resident Evil fans. Wesker is probably the most bland character in the series.

He's just an egotistical jack@#$ with a god-complex. Where have I seen that personality before? Oh yeah...in just about 90% of the villians in any anima series. And when his plans go down the toilet, he throws a #$%@ fit and holds on to a grudge like a high school cheerleader. God forbid if anyone bumps into him accidently.

The only two things he must REALLY care about is Chris, and his @#$ing hair. For a villian whose planning on destroying 95% of the Earth's population, you would think he wouldn't care about how his @$#ing hair looks.

But seriously, what's with his fascination for Chris? Barry and Jill screwed up his plans, but nooooo! It's Chris this and Chris that! And "Will you be my baby's daddy, Chris?!"

Giving him super powers was like giving a 3 year old a machine gun. Take that back...it was like giving a middle school kid a rocket launcher. He knows it's dangerous, but dangit, we need to get revenge on that kid who took our lunch money yesterday. BOOOM!

I'm glad he's dead, and I pray he stays dead. If Capcom brings him back, then I'm going to buy the game, beat the game, then take it outside and piss on the game. Wesker is an over-rated frat boy, who wears WAY to much black.

And is it just me, or does Wesker look like he's putting on Hairspray when heals himself?
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 2/9/2012 7:58:50 PM
He's just a bad comic book villain who wears black. I don't like him much either.

Related:

http://youtu.be/ZY3slRn23vQ
---
You can fight like a Krogan, run like a leopard but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard.
#3alex91093Posted 2/9/2012 8:12:31 PM
I hated him as soon as he showed up after the first game. That was the only place he actually fit. His return is probably what hurt the series so had.
---
Xbox/PSN = alex91093 youtube = AlexEqualsAwesome93
Motto = I did it because it was funny
#4EzraGenesisPosted 2/9/2012 9:01:48 PM
Same reason why Nemesis was popular. He just wouldn't die.

*runs*
---
Any Tree Can Drop An Apple. I'll Drop The Freaking Moon
PSN: EzraGenesis
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 2/9/2012 9:20:58 PM
EzraGenesis posted...
Same reason why Nemesis was popular. He just wouldn't die.

*runs*

But he didn't come back in later games to talk about "complete global saturation" or "CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!"
---
You can fight like a Krogan, run like a leopard but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard.
#6EzraGenesisPosted 2/9/2012 9:28:10 PM
Guess they wanted RE to have a staple villain, like Ganon with Zelda, or Bowser with Mario
---
Any Tree Can Drop An Apple. I'll Drop The Freaking Moon
PSN: EzraGenesis
#7DarkSymbiotePosted 2/9/2012 9:42:15 PM
EzraGenesis posted...
Guess they wanted RE to have a staple villain, like Ganon with Zelda, or Bowser with Mario

Except those two aren't really great villains. No offence if you like the games. I'm just saying they could have developed more.
---
#8jawmuncherPosted 2/9/2012 11:51:48 PM
Wesker was just awesome plain and simple.
Especially if you actually go into his back story and his reports.
---
Solid Snake: I'm no hero... Never was. I'm just an old killer... Hired to do some wet work.
#9Aubrey_KarewPosted 2/10/2012 12:04:22 AM
Reaident Evil 1 Wesker and Wesker Reports Wesker. Awesome.
Code Veronica and RE 5 Wesker not so much. But I may be slightly biased.....
---
Holy **** this ****ing morbidly obese extraterrestrial pile of robot **** killed me with a rocket from nowhere. Son of a *****. --Crit1kal
#10AgentX7kPosted 2/10/2012 1:43:40 AM
*shrugs*. He just looks really awesome. And I never found any of the characters to be really deep, complex or interesting so for me alot of it is how they look. Also I think he was easily better than any other villian, the only one who came close to be descent was Nicholai.

1) At least Weskers end of the world plan could have actually worked which is more than I can sya for the rest of them.

2) IMO his lines were way less painful than everything that came out of the mouths of Alfred, Alexia, Edward, Saddler, Salazaar & Irving.