Why is Wesker so popular?

#21AgentX7kPosted 2/11/2012 12:06:19 AM
TVthePunisher posted...
I would love to see Nicholai return, who doesn't like the Russian-accented baddie? I'd hope the ending where he escapes in the helicopter is canon...but hell RE1-RE3 leave their endings open ended (until later sequels)...~_~ ugh.

There is a file written by him in Resident Evil: Gun Survivor (which is canon and after RE3) so seems like he is still alive.
#22KFrosty3Posted 2/11/2012 8:25:29 AM
Plant42 posted...
Furthermore they complete gave Jill the backseat in the entire storyline even though I think she particularly had even more of a reason to hate Wesker than Chris did.

Why would she? If you ever played the original/remake as Chris, you spend more time around Wesker than Jill does in her story, you also run into him nearly as often as you run into Rebecca. Heck, it's Wesker who fights Lisa in Chris's story, not Rebecca or Barry.
---
I still think Pac-Man was the best game and had the best storyline... EVER!!! 'nuff said.
#23aamotPosted 2/11/2012 8:48:12 AM(edited)

Why would she? If you ever played the original/remake as Chris, you spend more time around Wesker than Jill does in her story, you also run into him nearly as often as you run into Rebecca. Heck, it's Wesker who fights Lisa in Chris's story, not Rebecca or Barry.

He means because Wesker kidnapped her and turned her into a cleavage-y slave.
---
chrisAAMO
#24BBBanks03Posted 2/11/2012 9:57:35 AM
DarkFatKnight posted...
I don't understand why he's so popular amongst Resident Evil fans. Wesker is probably the most bland character in the series.

I'm glad he's dead, and I pray he stays dead. If Capcom brings him back, then I'm going to buy the game, beat the game, then take it outside and piss on the game. Wesker is an over-rated frat boy, who wears WAY to much black.

And is it just me, or does Wesker look like he's putting on Hairspray when heals himself?

So you don't like Wesker, and if he's in the next game, you're going to give the developers your money, then play through the entire game... then take the game outside and piss on it?? Yeah, that'll show em. After giving them your money and then pissing on your own property they'll be laughing their asses off at YOU.
---
"One time she told me, the sky is blue because we live inside the eye of a blue-eyed giant named 'Macumba.'"
"...Maybe we do"
#25Plant42Posted 2/11/2012 10:22:48 AM
aamot posted...

Yes. Those were just as much her comrades as Chris' that he killed. Furthermore he revived her and experimented on her with all kinds of viruses. When he decided he was done with that he used her against he will to infect others and attack Chris all while she was fully aware of what was happening.
#26KFrosty3Posted 2/11/2012 4:21:28 PM
Plant42 posted...
aamot posted...

Yes. Those were just as much her comrades as Chris' that he killed. Furthermore he revived her and experimented on her with all kinds of viruses. When he decided he was done with that he used her against he will to infect others and attack Chris all while she was fully aware of what was happening.

Hmm, You're right, but seeing as how Chris has also stopped him in CV, he probably felt like he was more in the right to stop him. Jill was definitely more emotionally scarred by him though.

The person who definitely should not have aided in Wesker's death: Sheva. They should've let you switch to Jill and have her do the kill, not sheva
---
I still think Pac-Man was the best game and had the best storyline... EVER!!! 'nuff said.
#27RaNDM_GPosted 2/11/2012 4:57:10 PM
He was fine until 5. He looked like he just stepped out of the Matrix in 5.
---
Why yes, I am a paranoid schizophrenic.
GT: RaNDM G
#28Turo602Posted 2/11/2012 5:06:19 PM
DarkFatKnight posted...
I don't understand why he's so popular amongst Resident Evil fans. Wesker is probably the most bland character in the series.

He's just an egotistical jack@#$ with a god-complex. Where have I seen that personality before? Oh yeah...in just about 90% of the villians in any anima series. And when his plans go down the toilet, he throws a #$%@ fit and holds on to a grudge like a high school cheerleader. God forbid if anyone bumps into him accidently.

The only two things he must REALLY care about is Chris, and his @#$ing hair. For a villian whose planning on destroying 95% of the Earth's population, you would think he wouldn't care about how his @$#ing hair looks.

But seriously, what's with his fascination for Chris? Barry and Jill screwed up his plans, but nooooo! It's Chris this and Chris that! And "Will you be my baby's daddy, Chris?!"

Giving him super powers was like giving a 3 year old a machine gun. Take that back...it was like giving a middle school kid a rocket launcher. He knows it's dangerous, but dangit, we need to get revenge on that kid who took our lunch money yesterday. BOOOM!

I'm glad he's dead, and I pray he stays dead. If Capcom brings him back, then I'm going to buy the game, beat the game, then take it outside and piss on the game. Wesker is an over-rated frat boy, who wears WAY to much black.

And is it just me, or does Wesker look like he's putting on Hairspray when heals himself?

When does Wesker ever show interest in his hair? I would understand his glasses, but his hair? And if anything, Chris is the one with the Wesker "fascination". Wesker doesn't really care for him. It's Chris who is always running into him and tracking him down.