I hope the brutal death scenes make a comeback in this game.

#1SeroguehPosted 4/3/2012 11:06:45 PM
You know, in RE4 you could see Leon's head chopped off, throat slit etc. Yet in RE5 they were all censored so you saw nothing. (Except maybe some of them, being impaled by that mantis monster or whatever it is.)
---
That guy is a maniac! Why'd he bite me?!
#2Dicer7Posted 4/3/2012 11:16:12 PM
Finding new death scenes in RE4 actually became a little hobby of mine for a while. Shooting the lake is up there in my most shocking RE moments list. Every time I see someone playing RE4 for the first time I tell them to try shooting the fish before they get on the boat. Their reactions are priceless! Bahaha.
#3MorphineChildPosted 4/4/2012 12:47:09 AM
I thought being impaled by the Reapers in RE5 looked incredibly fake. The only death worth mentioning was when a Duvalia bites you in half, and it rarely happens (you usually just get munched and fall to the ground whole). Revelations didn't have any brutal scenes, either.

For some reason the violence is becoming more and more censored. Not sure why.
#4GoldsicklePosted 4/4/2012 2:32:28 AM
If this game is online, then chances are that you won't find really gory death scenes.

Several regions have strict censorship when it comes to gore on human characters, so RE6 might minimize the gore to make the game acceptable in all regions, so every player can team up with another.

Having gory deaths in one region but none on the other might cause bugs or problems during co-op.

I suspect this was the reason for reduced gory deaths in RE5 but I have no confirmation.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#5CD SetPosted 4/4/2012 5:27:44 AM
I think my absolute favourite one from RE4 is the one where Leon's face is melted off by acid. Caught me by surprise the first time I saw it.

I sure hope they go for more gruesome scenes in RE6.
---
I just stole 2 seconds from your life.
No, you can't have them back...
#6Hector_SassPosted 4/5/2012 4:43:15 AM
I miss the death scenes, dying really doesn't pose a threat in these last few games because of the saves but it was atleast cool to see some well done death scenes in 4.
---
Hmmm?! O_o
XBLGT-JudgeDreadpool
#7mr_metalhead666Posted 4/5/2012 5:00:12 AM
I doubt brutal death scenes will make a come back. They were pathetic in both RE5 and REvelations so I can't imagine them being brutal in RE6.
---
Killing is my Business..........And Business is Good
#8NightTerrorX99Posted 4/9/2012 4:41:22 PM
Though it is something plausible to ask for, this is simply just out of our (and Capcom's) jurisdiction.
That's like the ban Australia had on L4D, you couldn't complain to the devs for that.
#9Serogueh(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2012 11:27:34 AM
I can partly understand why they'd want to tone down the gore, but it just seems pointless. I mean, where could the game get banned? According to gamefaqs, RE4 was released in the US, EU, AU and Japan. I thought those were the most important market wise. And bear in mind that RE4 was way more gory than Resident Evil 5.

If it's, however, because of the forced multiplayer elements... then I'm afraid I've found yet another reason why forced Co-op is bad.
---
That guy is a maniac! Why'd he bite me?!
#10FreshSushiPosted 4/13/2012 12:09:36 PM
Doubt it.
---
AE 2012: (Tiger), SFxT: (Gief, Abel), LoL: (J4)
Bodhisattva