Theory regarding Jake Mueller

#1latinoheat51784Posted 4/10/2012 2:39:47 PM
Upon some discussion with my brother, we came upon a theory that still makes it possible for Jake Mueller to be Steve Burnside. Jake is Albert Wesker's "son." Obviously, Wesker did not get someone pregnant and raise a child. Jake Mueller could possibly be a alias given to Steve Burnside while he was in Wesker's care. Wesker was so interested in the T-Veronica virus, and Steve had it in him, hence the reason why Wesker took Steve. From here on, Capcom can do just about anything story wise. Maybe Steve was subjected to further testing or enhancements in which Wesker prides himself and refers to his project as his "creation" therefore making it befitting to be called his "son."

Also, in the new trailer from Captivate, Chris encounters Jake and says, "Do I know you?" It may be a possible reference to when Chris met Steve during the later part of RE:CVX.

I have a feeling that this Jake character will have implanted memories considering he has no clue of his origin.

Thoughts?

PS: I would actually like this to be Steve and have it somehow bring Claire Redfield into the fray in some capacity. I miss her.
---
"It's Raccoon City all over again!"
#2F_H_NukemPosted 4/10/2012 3:06:05 PM
latinoheat51784 posted...
Upon some discussion with my brother, we came upon a theory that still makes it possible for Jake Mueller to be Steve Burnside. Jake is Albert Wesker's "son." Obviously, Wesker did not get someone pregnant and raise a child. Jake Mueller could possibly be a alias given to Steve Burnside while he was in Wesker's care. Wesker was so interested in the T-Veronica virus, and Steve had it in him, hence the reason why Wesker took Steve. From here on, Capcom can do just about anything story wise. Maybe Steve was subjected to further testing or enhancements in which Wesker prides himself and refers to his project as his "creation" therefore making it befitting to be called his "son."

Also, in the new trailer from Captivate, Chris encounters Jake and says, "Do I know you?" It may be a possible reference to when Chris met Steve during the later part of RE:CVX.

I have a feeling that this Jake character will have implanted memories considering he has no clue of his origin.

Thoughts?

PS: I would actually like this to be Steve and have it somehow bring Claire Redfield into the fray in some capacity. I miss her.

my thoughts on your idea is against the TOS

steve is dead and never met chris. they met only in the non-canon re-telling in DC.
---
"you heard it from the developer's mouth, MW3 is gonna suck, but its gonna suck fast!" - You_Need_A_Life - 6/29/11
#3ShadowlinkexPosted 4/10/2012 3:10:35 PM
Perhaps in the "true timeline" (mix of DSC and CVX), Chris does manage to meet with Steve even if for a few seconds.

But I think the TC's theory is farfetch'd(sp) myself...
---
2012 - Capcom made me a happy Steve.
I owe you one!! - http://tinyurl.com/bsaajeeeeell
#4GreatJallopiPosted 4/10/2012 3:16:50 PM
Dammit. They say who he is and people STILL suggest the Burnside crap.

Look, it's not Steve, but Steve might be back, as his voice actor from Darkside Chronicles is signed for RE6 allegedly.
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#5ShadowlinkexPosted 4/10/2012 3:24:14 PM
GreatJallopi posted...

Look, it's not Steve, but Steve might be back, as his voice actor from Darkside Chronicles is signed for RE6 allegedly.

TC said alias...
---
2012 - Capcom made me a happy Steve.
I owe you one!! - http://tinyurl.com/bsaajeeeeell
#6latinoheat51784(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 11:48:00 AM
GreatJallopi posted...

Calm the hell down. I made a theory and asked for opinions. I didn't say something stupid like Ada is Alex Wesker. Nothing I said is fact. There is more to Jack Mueller than just his fake name.

Shadowlinkex posted...
Perhaps in the "true timeline" (mix of DSC and CVX), Chris does manage to meet with Steve even if for a few seconds.

But I think the TC's theory is farfetch'd(sp) myself...

I don't blame you. It sounds far fetched, but since when has that stopped Capcom?
---
"It's Raccoon City all over again!"
#7RugterWyper32Posted 4/11/2012 12:09:20 PM
This theory makes sense. Also, let's see at what Capcom put out recently
RE4 for XBL/PSN. Code Veronica, too.
And porting The Darkside Chronicles.
Now, while this very well could be just Capcom aiming for a cash-in, RE4 alone probably was more than enough for that, so why Code Veronica and Darkside Chronicles, of all games from the series?
I'm actually inclined to believe they feel that the storylines in those games are important to this. Leon's return is as good reason as any for them to bring back RE4 yet again, but RE5 closed Chris's story and just about everyone has played it, and CV certainly isn't here again for people to see how Wesker lived. I'd suspect they want people to see Steve in action and also for them to see the retcon with him getting to see Chris in Darkside Chronicles so that'd make the twist better.

Of course, this is no more than mere speculation and it was just Capcom aiming to make more cash, as per usual
---
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/rugterwyper32
Currently playing: Spyro the Dragon 2, Morrowind, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages
#8sheridanmovieguPosted 4/11/2012 3:03:26 PM
Looks guys, he's not Steve. If he was Steve they would have either told us, or kept everything about the mercenary a secret. Giving us a name AND the Wesker's son angle pretty much means they're sending you a message: it's settled. It's not Steve. The same way they did with all that Billy Coen/Bruce McGviern crap for RE5.

If Steve shows up for this game, which I doubt, he isn't going to be Jake.
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
#9B1uuuPosted 4/11/2012 3:15:52 PM

trailer makes it clear that jake is related to wesker by blood

#10Javos_25Posted 4/11/2012 3:24:34 PM

I'm glad it's not Steve. Steve is up there with Carlos for one of the worst Resident Evil characters of all time, I always hated him. Also Code Veronica didn't sell too well so Capcom is going to try and make him a character that new and old Resident Evil fans can relate to, so Weskers biological son fits that pretty well. Also she mentions that he has got Weskers blood. Any theory as to Wesker giving Steve his blood is beyond ridiculous.