i HATE playing as Chris

#1thevirgin878Posted 4/16/2012 1:29:26 PM
For some reason in every game he is in, Capcom decided to make sure that when you are playing as him, that it will be the biggest pain in the ass possible.

I am playing Code Veronica X, and just like RE1, this game really tries to make to as difficult as possible when Chris playing, instead of zombies in each room, i get hunters, and sometimes hunters with poison, instead of dogs, i get spiders, acid spitting zombies, the mutant thing with long arms, oh and a surveliance camera that follows me all the time.

I don't remember RE1 that much, but i do remember playing as Chris was a serious chore at time.

I feel like a one armed dude climbing a mountain when playing with Chris.
#2GreatJallopiPosted 4/16/2012 2:30:47 PM
Well I mean the Chris part was the latter half of CODE: Veronica. Of course it was gonna be harder. They weren't just gonna take you back to the difficulty from the beginning of the game.

As for RE1 / REmake, I agree. He has even less inventory than Jill, and he never gets a Grenade Launcher. He's totally reliant on the Shotgun. AND he can't get Barry's magnum (which in Jill's scenario you have to let Barry die to get anyways, but still).
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#3SiLVeR_420Posted 4/16/2012 7:16:35 PM
In CVX if you don't kill all the zombie while playing as Claire you will face them instead of hunters.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#4SSJGrimReaperPosted 4/16/2012 7:35:30 PM
More hate for Chris Bufffield :(
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltfthdnJel1r4my8ko1_400.gif
#5HarlequinChaosPosted 4/16/2012 7:55:20 PM
oMg y u haet Chris soooo muuuch!?!?!!?!?!?!?
he punchez boulderz and can kick you @$$!

Just kidding; I'm actually literate!

Chris is always given the more difficult scenarios in the games; either because Capcom is nice to their females, letting them off easy, or incredibly sexist, thinking they wouldn't be able to handle it.

Character-wise, my only beef with Chris is that what he goes through isn't really believable; the only believable emotion being towards the end of RE 5.

But that's just my personal opinion.
#6Black HowlingPosted 4/16/2012 9:50:17 PM
How did Chris go from a tactical sharpshooting harrier pilot to a roid raging, boulder beating meat head?
---
Life is a dream wrapped in a convenient lie.
#7NoizyChildPosted 4/16/2012 10:25:33 PM

Well I mean the Chris part was the latter half of CODE: Veronica. Of course it was gonna be harder. They weren't just gonna take you back to the difficulty from the beginning of the game.

As for RE1 / REmake, I agree. He has even less inventory than Jill, and he never gets a Grenade Launcher. He's totally reliant on the Shotgun. AND he can't get Barry's magnum (which in Jill's scenario you have to let Barry die to get anyways, but still).

Chris can get a Magnum in RE1. It's just an optional quest.
---
In America businesses don't need profits to survive. - llaW_Enots
#8GreatJallopiPosted 4/16/2012 10:41:03 PM
NoizyChild posted...

Chris can get a Magnum in RE1. It's just an optional quest.

I never said he couldn't. But Barry's magnum is the strongest weapon in the game (rocket launcher aside), despite the limited ammo and inability to reload.
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#9PlasmetoPosted 4/17/2012 1:00:16 AM
I appreciate the difficulty. My first time playing through REmake (Which was my first "true" RE after 4) I picked Chris knowing his game would be harder; it just made my victory that much sweeter. Not to mention Jill's game is a cinch afterwards. ;)
---
"there have been plenty of entries in the horror genre based around killers, cereal killers" - BhaalAvitar
#10masked_yazooPosted 4/17/2012 1:49:14 AM
If you remember Chris has lots of pockets in RE/REmake yet he has less inventory space compare to Jill who just wears a beret and a shoulder pads?! WTS?!
---
"Remember, kids...Chu-Chu died for your sins!"