How come Capcom didn't try to emulate Call of Duty games earlier?

#11SiLVeR_420Posted 4/16/2012 10:40:29 PM
This topic is now about airplane food.

So what's with that airplane food?
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#12LeonAndSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 8:53:27 AM
Don't worry guys. This game isn't gonna be as good as CoD games ok, so you don't have to worry about Call of Duty losing its number 1 spot. Jeese. You guys should realize there are other great games aside from CoD.
#13jezz555Posted 4/17/2012 9:03:00 AM

lol well played sir, well played.

#14butsizzlePosted 4/17/2012 9:33:45 AM
LeonAndSnake posted...
I see now that they are finally taking the plunge and trying to be like the world's best series. That is fantastic, and I'm really happy about this, but I don't quite understand why they didn't try this before.

Because they've lost what it takes to be a great game developer. They've lost their creativity and their touch with what gamers want. Their numbers may be better than before but I think it's due to the fact that gaming is more popular than ever, not becauase they're making better video games.

If they still had what it takes to be a AAA game developer they wouldn't have to copy other companies ideas for creating games that sell.
---
GT: butsizzle
PSN: butsizzle
#15lord_abortionPosted 4/17/2012 11:10:08 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
This topic is now about airplane food.

So what's with that airplane food?

Whaaaat's the deal with airline peanuts!? Why is the bag so small?
---
GT: StrangeAnima1
#16augerrya3Posted 4/17/2012 11:41:41 AM
Try to imagine me saying this like like bud Bundy.
"Well you see a few years ago capcom acually had standards! They had great games like dmc3 and re 4.

After they came out with these games they got greedy with the big profit, and began to sucker us in with hyped up cheap games like teken x streetfighter, even respectable games like marvel vs capcom and resedent evil became cheap knockoffs in attempt to get as much cash as possible!
And now that tekken x streetfighter violated there standards they feel more comfortable completly emulating games like cod
---
maybe I will deal with it,.. I'll deal with it the same way I DEALT WITH CURLEY JEFERSON!
#17theycallmeboPosted 4/17/2012 1:47:12 PM
People who like COD want COD. Most of them are not going to jump on a RE game with COD features.

People who like RE want RE. Most of them are not going to jump on a RE game with COD features.

Just because a game is extremely popular isn't a reason to mold other games into that formula if it doesn't really make sense in the grand scheme of the game. Imagine if the earlier CODs allowed you to cast magic spells on your enemy (when Final Fantasy was the marquee series)... how ridiculous would that have been.