I hate how people in this fanbase think there's this stupid idea of a "true fan"

#1GreatJallopiPosted 5/7/2012 10:13:25 AM
Like, honestly, I cringed multiple times in that last topic. Obsessed '4' fans suggesting that the classic fans have nostalgia goggles? Really? Never mind that I played '4' BEFORE the rest of the series, and I like the classics better.

Being required to hate '5'? How much sense does that makes, that a 'true fan' would hate a main entry to the series? And this also makes me bring the nostalgia goggles thing back up considering that a lot of the complaints about '5' were equally present in '4', so maybe some obsessed '4' fans need to take off nostalgia goggles.

Needing to hate Operation Raccoon City? Yeah, I get that it's nothing like a Resident Evil game, but if you were looking for one when you played it then you're stupid. Operation Raccoon City is fun, just not anything like your standard conventional Resident Evil game.

You know what's a real 'true fan'? Someone who enjoys the games to his or her own liking without telling others how they need to think. I don't mind if people express opinions that differ from mine, but the way that people said these aspects were needed to be a 'true fan' made me cringe.
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#2ShadowlinkexPosted 5/7/2012 12:13:32 PM
Agreed with nearly everything. The ORC comment though... just no. As an re game, it's an abomination. As a game on its own, it's trash.
---
2012 - Capcom made me a happy Steve.
I owe you one!! - http://tinyurl.com/bsaajeeeeell
#3MakoChanXPosted 5/7/2012 1:14:46 PM
Shadowlinkex posted...
The ORC comment though... just no. As an re game, it's an abomination. As a game on its own, it's trash.
---
Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world.
#4blackbear2003Posted 5/7/2012 1:21:35 PM
You're getting too worked up over people's opinions in a half serious topic. And as the others said ORC is a bad game period. Not just because it is a Resident Evil game.
#5NeVaRmoorePosted 5/7/2012 1:30:25 PM
I guess the fact that I put AN true RE fan wasn't a clear enough indicator that it was less than half serious. >.>
#6GreatJallopi(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 2:05:05 PM
Shadowlinkex posted...
Agreed with nearly everything. The ORC comment though... just no. As an re game, it's an abomination. As a game on its own, it's trash.

Regardless of whatever opinion you might have on it, you don't have to hate it to be a true Resident Evil fan.
---
I am the cheese. I am the best character on the show. I am better than both the salami and the bologna combined.
#7ShadowlinkexPosted 5/7/2012 2:14:46 PM
That is true.
---
2012 - Capcom made me a happy Steve.
I owe you one!! - http://tinyurl.com/bsaajeeeeell
#8sheridanmovieguPosted 5/7/2012 11:54:48 PM
Ah, people have been harping on about the "true fan" crap since RE4.

It's just a really lame "I win button" for debates. A vapid, made up concept so someone with one opinion can feel superior to someone else with a different opinion and invalidate their points without having to deal to difficult concepts like facts.
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
#9LewisrichPosted 5/8/2012 3:16:43 AM
ORC is a pretty poorly made game although even with all the problems online, for me it's still incredibly fun. The spec ops campaign is really good as well.
---
GT: LKR101
#10butsizzlePosted 5/8/2012 5:41:25 AM
The absence of goldsickle in this topic is making me cringe, figured he'd be all over this with his flashy 'nostalgia goggles' and 'tank controls' words.
---
GT: butsizzle
PSN: butsizzle