So Chris is going to have something dramatically happen to him that changes him?

#11Advent_GreyPosted 5/12/2012 4:29:10 PM
Dicer7 posted...
MasterAdeptAlex posted...
Yeah, that would be lame if the only reason for Chris to go to the darkside is that he lost his men. It needs to be more personal, more dramatic that leaves a impact on the player.

How would that not be personal? Chris' whole life is his work. Even in Revelations all he ever focused on was the mission and the safety of everyone else. His men dying directly reflects his ability to command so it makes sense that it would really get to him.

*Shrugs* Chris' unit dying in the Fall of Umbrella chapter in Umbrella Chronicles didn't seem to get to him much. If I recall, he was the head of that unit as well.

By now, Chris should expect the worst for himself and his team when taking on bioterrorism. I can see him being enraged over the loss of his unit, but becoming borderline anti-hero because of something he should be used to dealing with by now (Jill being an obvious exception, seeing as she and Chris are close friends, so it would make sense for his personality to become dark) just doesn't make sense to me.

Assuming that losing his unit was a major factor in his personality change, anyway.
---
"You want knives? You want them in your belly? No? Then you stop talking to Deeja."
#12Dicer7Posted 5/12/2012 6:26:19 PM(edited)
Advent_Grey posted...
*Shrugs* Chris' unit dying in the Fall of Umbrella chapter in Umbrella Chronicles didn't seem to get to him much. If I recall, he was the head of that unit as well.

By now, Chris should expect the worst for himself and his team when taking on bioterrorism. I can see him being enraged over the loss of his unit, but becoming borderline anti-hero because of something he should be used to dealing with by now (Jill being an obvious exception, seeing as she and Chris are close friends, so it would make sense for his personality to become dark) just doesn't make sense to me.

Assuming that losing his unit was a major factor in his personality change, anyway.

True about him in UC. And yeah you'd think he might be used to it by now but it's pretty obvious Capcom is trying to make all the characters more emotional and dramatic to fit their "dramatic horror" theme for RE6. I think the real problem is just different writers for every game making these characters really inconsistent (Leon has had it the worst). But I do think Chris' emotional state is justified. I'd be bitter too if I were in his shoes after so many years cleaning up the mess that Umbrella started.
---
PSN/GT: Dicer7
#13TinCynicPosted 5/12/2012 6:43:57 PM
The only thing that would traumatize Chris to this point other than the deaths of Jill or Claire would be if he ran out of watermelons and basketballs to surgically implant in his arms.
#14Advent_GreyPosted 5/12/2012 10:05:31 PM(edited)
Dicer7 posted...
Advent_Grey posted...

True about him in UC. And yeah you'd think he might be used to it by now but it's pretty obvious Capcom is trying to make all the characters more emotional and dramatic to fit their "dramatic horror" theme for RE6. I think the real problem is just different writers for every game making these characters really inconsistent (Leon has had it the worst). But I do think Chris' emotional state is justified. I'd be bitter too if I were in his shoes after so many years cleaning up the mess that Umbrella started.

Heavily agree with the bolded part of your post. I even think I read somewhere that Capcom's attempting to bring back (some of) Leons' naive nature that he had in RE2. Guessing Ada/Ada's clone(?) plays some part in that, seeing as Ada and Leon have a complicated history. Leon's feelings for her could very well mess with his common sense.

Chris has been through more biohazards than anyone else of the main cast aside from Jill, if I'm not mistaken and became a hardened vet battling B.O.Ws(RE1, CV, UC, REV, RE5), but I guess that doesn't mean much when he only had to deal with the hardship of losing his comrades twice. (RE1 and UC). Not to mention the first time was when he had absolutely no idea what was going on, and the second I'm sure Chris expected casualties, seeing as his unit was infiltrating Umbrella HQ of all places.

Not to mention there's quite the time gap between UC and RE6 regarding casualties Chris' squad has faced. Perhaps seeing his team massacred yet again (RE6) brought back bad memories or something. Still, I'm kinda hoping there's something...more to his personality change than what we have to go off of right now.

TinCynic posted...
The only thing that would traumatize Chris to this point other than the deaths of Jill or Claire would be if he ran out of watermelons and basketballs to surgically implant in his arms.

I lol'd
---
"You want knives? You want them in your belly? No? Then you stop talking to Deeja."
#15rebelguy0Posted 5/23/2012 2:17:18 AM
If Downfall is true, it could be due to it being inbetween 5 and 6, plus Claire witnessing the downfall of humanity, that something does happen to her to make/help Chris end up like this. Plus, if it is something to do with his men and/or his bump on the head, it's not exactly odd. That Chris has gone this far without losing it is a triumph in itself, anyone can lose themselves or crack at any time if they've been through all that, sometimes all they need is one more thing to trigger it or push them over the edge. Not to mention, a bad enough knock to the head can mess up anyone.
#16desi_shinobiPosted 5/23/2012 11:16:26 AM
Might something be as simple as catching AIDs and it puts his whole life in perspective, after a lifetime of stopping vruses and outbreaks he still manages one with no vaccine. Even the G-Virus had a vaccine.

Its made Chris mad and he's out to get this Ada clone that gave him AIDs and took out the rest of his men in the process.

He's a man with nothing to lose now.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi