One slight cause for concern?

#1NeVaRmoorePosted 5/12/2012 7:49:14 AM
"One of the main focal points for Capcom at E3 relating to this highly anticipated sequel will be Jake and Sherry’s campaign, which will play drastically different than Leon’s more traditional adventure and Chris’s action-packed one.

Described as a “melee fighter” in the latest issue of UK publication, PSM, Jake and Sherry will employ moves that channel their super-human capabilities. They’re near invincible and are able to regenerate as well. So will they be able to even die? I’m sure you’ll still be able to see “you are dead” screens when playing their campaign but the gameplay in general will be much more focused on melee attacks as opposed to pure gunplay."

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/resident-evil-news/resident-evil-6s-jakesherry-campaign-is-a-melee-fighter-will-be-revealed-at-e3/
#2JREnvoyPosted 5/12/2012 8:47:54 AM
Has been obvious since the first trailer.
---
envoyofuno
#3NeVaRmoore(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2012 10:01:13 AM
Not to pick nicks, but cinematic trailers can be taken with a grain of salt. So, less obvious and more inferred. In any case, that's not the point of my post.
#4so_realPosted 5/12/2012 12:16:48 PM
If they're going to be almost completely melee players then they'd need the regen and higher vitality. I'm sure there will be tons of enemies and you're going to be taking lots of hits. Still, if you're not paying attention to what's happening you'll get yourself killed. I don't think anything is going to be broken or unbalanced if that's what you're worried about.
#5Dicer7Posted 5/12/2012 1:02:41 PM
I'm actually hoping their scenario will be more melee based than the others. I can see Jake pulling off some God Hand type of gameplay which would be really awesome.
---
PSN/GT: Dicer7
#6dr_zombergPosted 5/12/2012 9:49:12 PM
so their story will be dynasty evil/resident warriors?
---
GT/PSN: KRISHANKO
Iraq was very clearly going to be Iraq's first target --Choleric_Llama
#7BlooddovePosted 5/13/2012 8:44:22 AM
Wolverine could in that decent game X-men origins:Wolverine, and he has super human durability, reflexes, healing factor, strength, and high level of hand to hand combat training, so I don't see why that would be a worry about these two characters not being able to die.
---
True genius is simplicity at its core.
#8xboxboy9394Posted 5/13/2012 9:44:42 AM
Sherry could probably get killed. My guess is she'll play like Ashley except she'll have a gun (one thing I wish they had in RE4). Unless...does Sherry also have some super-human capabilities?
#9dr_zombergPosted 5/13/2012 7:42:47 PM
xboxboy9394 posted...
Sherry could probably get killed. My guess is she'll play like Ashley except she'll have a gun (one thing I wish they had in RE4). Unless...does Sherry also have some super-human capabilities?

she probably does.
proving the theory i made was right (in other words, capcom read my post in their forums and stole the idea).

this is what i wrote in those forums... in 2007 (when at the time we all suspected the tubed girl from re5 was sherry).

"my guess is sherry

reasons: age, she would be as growned up as that girl.
both are blonde.
wesker said one time "there is something about this girl..."

my theory (no, no wizards right now) is that claire didnt cure sherry of the g-virus, only greatly slowered the process, now, 6+ years later, it took effect. "

of course, add a few years to that
---
GT/PSN: KRISHANKO
Iraq was very clearly going to be Iraq's first target --Choleric_Llama
#10MorphineChildPosted 5/16/2012 1:51:58 PM
Sherry will have the same melee capabilities and regenerating health that Jake does. This was confirmed in a recent interview.

What is not clear is HOW Sherry has these abilities, but it's thought to be linked to her infection with the G-virus from RE2. The antibodies are still in her system, which may give her these abilities. They used the same concept with Jill in RE5 - her T-virus infection from the Nemesis in RE3 led to her containing T-virus antibodies, which, via Wesker's experiments, allowed her to run on walls in her zero-G suit.