Where exactly was Birkins Lab underground?

#1MasterAdeptAlexPosted 5/13/2012 6:18:37 AM
Some say its directly beneath Raccoon City and some say its on the outskirts of the city. What got me confused is in RE0, there is that industrial train elevator that was in RE2 as well. Is that the same elevator that Leon and Clarie rode in RE2? I'm a little bit confused with the geography of the RE world.
---
"Hey someone help bat baby up off the floor." The Joker in Batman Arkham Asylum
#2MasterAdeptAlex(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2012 4:25:00 PM(edited)
bump

Sorry, I didn't know where to post this topic. The RE2 boards are basically dead, but I guess the RE ORC board would have been more relevant since that location was in that game. But I wanted a faster answer by posting here. Though I don't know which board between RE6 and RE ORC were the fastest.
---
#3TinCynicPosted 5/13/2012 6:28:43 PM
Unfortunately, that's one of the many things that sucks about RE0: retcons up the rear. Since RE2 came first, I'm inclined to go with the information from that game, meaning the lab is pretty much directly underneath the RPD precinct.

In other words, the lab is near the center of town.

Keep in mind, however, that Raccoon City is constantly being retooled in subsequent games so this may very well change.
#4yahyaahhPosted 5/13/2012 8:49:38 PM
You go alllllllllll the way down, until you see the decapitated police officer, make a left, go down until you reach a dead end, make two more lefts and it'll be the last door on the right.
#5MasterAdeptAlex(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 1:13:42 PM
Any more answers or theories?
---
#6dr_zombergPosted 5/14/2012 9:22:39 PM
well, even back in re2 we saw that the "entrance" (the little train) to the labs was in an industrial area.
---
GT/PSN: KRISHANKO
Iraq was very clearly going to be Iraq's first target --Choleric_Llama
#7Lord_HumungusPosted 5/15/2012 4:39:08 AM
I always thought it was out in an industrial district, because once you're out of the sewers you hop on that suspended tram car that (I always thought) took you a decent ways away.

It's proximity to the Umbrella training facility and all that mess (thanks "Zero") kind of skewed my perception of this, but I don't think I ever once thought it was directly underneath the RPD.
---
I maintain my lawn through sheer intimidation.
XBL: Lord Humungus70
#8NegasBlackPosted 5/15/2012 6:03:20 AM
The lab isn't located directly underneath the RPD building, you could either take the sewers to get there or a cablecart, so it's probably a few hundred meters from there, although it's really impossible to say for sure(as it makes sense to skip segments of long paths in a game). it would make more sense for it to be located closer to the outskirts of town though. But my guess it's somewhere between 250-500 meters from the RPD building and quite a bit underground.
#9jawskingPosted 5/15/2012 6:47:28 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Hippie84Posted 5/15/2012 7:39:48 AM
RE0 is canon, so the lab is out under the Arklay Mountains and beneath the training facility. I found it hard to believe at first when I played RE0 but as has been mentioned above the underground cable car ride in RE2 does suggest a long ride to the labs.

Plus I guess it is easier to construct a huge lab under the isolated mountain area than directly under the busy city.
---
Science! Has science ever kissed a woman or won the Super Bowl or put a man on the moon?