Capcom should just die.

#61Hyrulian15Posted 6/21/2012 7:40:26 PM
TheMightyPickle posted...
When Resident Evil 4 came out I wanted to believe it was a joke, or a bad dream, but it wasn't. Capcom somehow managed to turn their fantastic survival horror franchise into a boring, mindless bargain-bin action game. And if people hadn't launched so much praise at that turd . . .

Resident Evil 4 was not a turd. It failed as a Resident Evil game, sure, but it did not fail as a game in general. It was fun to play. It just was not a Resident Evil game despite what the title says.

Resident Evil 5 on the other hand failed in both aspects. When the only fun part of your game is a bonus mini-game that you can only unlock by completing the story, you've got some problems.
---
GameFAQs: The pinnacle of all nerd rage.
#62DrakoVongola1Posted 6/22/2012 7:39:28 AM
animamundus posted...
You know TC you can always move alone to other games that you actually like, instead of go to a message board to insult anyone who like certain types of games.

I'll never understand this argument.

Classic fans liked this series, we have a right to complain if we don't like the new direction its taking, action fans are the ones who should've just found another series to play. Your argument makes about as much sense as me wanting them to make Street Fighter into a turn-based RPG and then insulting the loyal fans when they want it to go back to being a fighter. It's stupid.
---
I hate religion, but I love Jesus.
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#63Hyrulian15Posted 6/22/2012 8:37:46 AM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
animamundus posted...
You know TC you can always move alone to other games that you actually like, instead of go to a message board to insult anyone who like certain types of games.

I'll never understand this argument.

Classic fans liked this series, we have a right to complain if we don't like the new direction its taking, action fans are the ones who should've just found another series to play. Your argument makes about as much sense as me wanting them to make Street Fighter into a turn-based RPG and then insulting the loyal fans when they want it to go back to being a fighter. It's stupid.

It's just that lazy argument of, if you don't like it, don't play it. It seems to be commonly used by people who try to defend something that they know is bad, but they still like it or they just don't like it when people complain about this thing they like. Whenever someone comes along and gives this argument, they are always the victor because there is no counter argument you can raise to that. It's like a slippery slope, it exists in the grey area of argumentive strategies. People who use this argument to defend something are really pathetic. Why bother coming to a website where everybody argues, if you don't want to hear complaints?
---
GameFAQs: The pinnacle of all nerd rage.
#64NextgrandcrossPosted 6/22/2012 10:07:28 AM
If ya don't like the new direction so much, than just simply stick with the older games and and replay them over and over again, problem solved.
#65I_Dont_AgreePosted 6/22/2012 10:18:58 AM
Nextgrandcross posted...
If ya don't like the new direction so much, than just simply stick with the older games and and replay them over and over again, problem solved.

http://tinyurl.com/coaft7d
---
''It's hot as hell in here.'' ''You see it too? For me, it's always like this.''
James, Angela- Silent Hill 2
#66DrakoVongola1Posted 6/22/2012 10:43:24 AM
Nextgrandcross posted...

Another example of an utterly stupid reply to complaints.
---
I hate religion, but I love Jesus.
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#67TopdrunkeePosted 6/22/2012 12:05:00 PM
Than foreboding horrors which has lead to such an alienation of older fans
Yup, because old school RE were foreboding horrors just like Alfred Hitchcock oh wait, no.
Try to remake the RE games into movies. Honestly try to imagine it. They'd be nothing more than Bmovie horror. Y'all are trying to talk about old school RE as if they were as terrifying as something that David Lynch would direct and he doesn't even make horror but foreboding definitely describes what his films are.

In comparison no matter how terrible the resident evil 1, 2 or 3 stands up today 4 and 5 doesn't give off the same foreboding atmosphere as the "classic" titles.

Explain what this so called foreboding atmosphere was. Only RE1 had it.
Being chased around by a huge hulking butt naked idiot in a trenchcoat during RE3 doesn't count as foreboding.
Terror of getting raped perhaps, but not exactly the creep till you hide behind the sheets scary.

It was Silent Hill that excels at "foreboding horror" at the same time. Screw that game. Silent Hill sucks. (as a videogame.)
Resident Evil was always much better although its horror & writing is much worse than SH.
What made RE better than SH is that it played more like a video game.
What may make old school RE better than noob school is that old school RE actually had psychological conflicts. You had to know when to run away or stand your ground. Do you want to waste all of your ammo running & gunning everything you come across (& then die because you ran out of ammo, lol) or use your guns as the last resort when there is nowhere left to run & hide.

That's Resident Evil. Thing is, that's not horror. That's survival. Resident Evil has always been big on the whole SURVIVAL part of survival horror.
Horror was really more of an aesthetic background flavour. Considering that the Japanese name of RE is simply called Biohazard which reflects RE's B movie Sci Fi themes that the game actually has.
The name Resident Evil never made sense for this series because you're not actually fighting some impending evil that's lurking beyond the corner.
You're fighting some nerd's science project. Yeah, that's truly horrific.

...................... who am I talking too?

To.
---
t(-_-t) \(*o*)/ http://www.youtube.com/user/BoozeAholic http://www.paradisehotel51.com/
#68TopdrunkeePosted 6/22/2012 12:05:18 PM
The game was once one thing which people loved and then they changed it to something else which was not what the original fans want. It was infact the opposite.
Who cares about what the original fans want? It's my contention that the original fans have no idea what they want. It was you dingbats who bought Resident Evil 4 over Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2 which were the true evolution of oldschool RE play mechanics.

As for scarcity of supplies.. this is greatly exaggerated. Play RE5 on the highest difficulty WITHOUT your weapons all upgraded and dumping all the excess ammo you have and I'm sure you'll change your mind on that point.
RE 5 still sucks tho', LOL! Well okay, it's a decent game. I'd rather play RE 5 over the Mass Effect trilogy but that's not exactly a shining endorsement. The Mass Effect trilogy is basically a 60$ game manual on how not build a shooter or a rpg.

I loved RE5 the first time around but the campaign truly is blah, boring & souless.
At least RE4 had a midget Spaniard dude to laugh at and even more LOLworthy conspiracy theory secret society to laugh at & gun down.
I had to deal with Wesker fanboygasms during RE5 as if every RE players is a damn Wesker fan.
I'd mark out more if fat boy Mark & Gangsta David from Outbreak were the final bosses. At least then RE5 would be as random as RE4 was but without the annoying comic book super villain (Wesker) who crapped into the wrong game..

People just want Resident Evil to go back to being scary, scarcity of supplies and puzzles and scary enemies and intense moments to come back.

Yeah, that's basically what I want, minus the dumb puzzles.
What the hell is so great about puzzles? Do these puzzles make you all feel smarter?
They're just a nuisance. I hate not being able shoot down a wooden door simply because it's locked by some nonsensical puzzle lock.

Screw that, Left 4 Dead finally does what I always wanted to do with all of these horrid play mechanic ridden survival horrors. Shoot the damn doors down. There's zombies zoning in on me. I don't have time for puzzle, I just want to get the hell out of this damn building.
That's what I'm thinking when I play most survival horrors that torture I with useless puzzles.
---
t(-_-t) \(*o*)/ http://www.youtube.com/user/BoozeAholic http://www.paradisehotel51.com/
#69TopdrunkeePosted 6/22/2012 12:06:30 PM

Can someone tell me a decent 360 title that is a survival horror? Capturing the essence of what made the originals so unique ...?

Try Metro 2033.
---