No Censorship/Censoring

#1DingoEgretPosted 6/20/2012 10:55:46 PM
I noticed in-between the E3 2012 Resident Evil 6 demo and the video footage posted yesterday, that there was some editing applied to the footage shown to us regarding some aspects of the violence.

This is in regards to the scene where Helena Harper shoots the daughter zombie in the elevator after she [the daughter Zombie] kills her own father. In the E3 2012 footage, the daughter Zombie is shot point-blank in the head by Helena Harper - and there is a blood spatter on the floor and wall of the elevator in real-time in regards to the bullet hitting the daughter Zombie's head. In the newly released footage, it shows Leon turn away as the gunshot sounds and then we see the aftermath.

This is a game for adults people [and by people I mean Capcom]. Just look at the E3 2012 trailer for Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - it is BLOODY AND GORY AS @#*&*%!!!!!

If Resident Evil can't keep up with the current trends in ultra-violence anymore.....then Capcom needs to just end the series and put all those millions of development dollars into future Monster Hunter titles to make ends meet. ;)

Really - aren't we beyond censoring video games at THIS POINT IN TIME?!?!
#2ICEman MorgsPosted 6/21/2012 4:04:29 AM
Well after Max Payne 3, RE really doen't have any excuses to not be gory.

Is it possible that the new footage is just for more mainstream media releases?
---
ICEman Morgs' Ignore list: Making GameFAQs a better place.
GT: Morgneto
#3GoldsicklePosted 6/21/2012 5:04:55 AM
DingoEgret posted...
This is a game for adults people [and by people I mean Capcom].

Not really, the game is mostly for sale towards 15-17 year old players, depending on the age rating system (ESRB, CERO, OFLC & BBSC).

Making the game "Adult only" might not only hurt sales but some publishers refuse to distribute "Adult only" games, so Capcom is doing everything to conform to certain territory's censorship standards.

It's only considered "18+" by PEGI & USK.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#4HinokenPosted 6/21/2012 9:03:11 AM
Some countries won't even allow the game to be sold without a certain amount of censorship; USK and CERO are pretty harsh.
And as the above post mentions, making the game for aduls could hurt sales since stores could no longer legally sell the game to kids under a certain age (18 or so).
Also, games with certain ratings can only be put on certain shelves in certain countries, so it would be harder to find them in the store.
#5CaptainRandom1Posted 6/21/2012 9:24:39 AM
After resident evil 4 (and resident evil 2 in japan) capcom decided to make new censorship policies
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691Official leader of the Monster Hunter 4 board
http://i39.tinypic.com/35lhp53.jpg
#6mjnoir1Posted 6/21/2012 10:49:13 AM
Spoiler much?
#7DingoEgret(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2012 1:54:12 PM
Spoiler? You mean what the trailer showed us?!?

All that stuff is in the E3 and Captivate trailers. Also, some of it was even in the reveal trailer [regarding the president ].

What was spoiled then?