Glad you can move while aiming

#11AgentX7kPosted 6/22/2012 8:00:43 PM
Silent Hill allowed you to move while shooting since it started so this has never really been a action vs horror debate, it's a separate thing that gets mixed up with all of it.
#12GoldsicklePosted 6/23/2012 12:09:40 AM
AgentX7k posted...
Silent Hill allowed you to move while shooting since it started so this has never really been a action vs horror debate, it's a separate thing that gets mixed up with all of it.

Silent Hill, Fatal Frame & Siren all allowed walk-and-shoot for a long time.

I think the idea that "walk-and-shoot essentially turns the game into a CoD clone" is utterly stupid.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#13mttrackmaster38Posted 6/23/2012 12:50:56 AM
Shadowlinkex posted...
Not to be a jerk, but learn to comprehend what I'm saying. I said, CoD-like. I'm not one of those people saying, "oeemgeeee, goshdarn, this dam gayme is Call of Dutee".

Capcom's already stated numerous times they want to grab the attention of the action-favoring crowds. Where are they? Mostly in the CoD community. Hell, I can even recall SlantSix wanting CoD folks migrating to ORC and Capcom further supporting the idea. (IIRC)

Point being, the franchise "evolved" too much. I'm not bashing it but people who ridicule the old-style gameplay need a "wake-up call"

Your statement is still incredibly idiotic. Do you think be able to move and shoot was first introduced in COD? Just think about what you said.

Just because Capcom is making it more action-focused it doesn't mean the game is becoming more like COD. You know why? Because COD wasn't the first shooting game with big set pieces. Resident Evil 6 isn't even a damn FPS. Nor is it a military shooter with ironsights. Look over your statement and realize how utterly stupid it is.
#14Hector_SassPosted 6/23/2012 2:51:50 AM
If it's anything like RE:R, it's hardly game changing mechanic. The pace in which you move is still quite slow, you can't whip around while aiming and face up to a new enemy.
---
Hmmm?! O_o
XBLGT-JudgeDreadpool
#15AgentX7kPosted 6/23/2012 3:31:57 AM
Goldsickle posted...
AgentX7k posted...

Silent Hill, Fatal Frame & Siren all allowed walk-and-shoot for a long time.

I think the idea that "walk-and-shoot essentially turns the game into a CoD clone" is utterly stupid.

Agreed, I don't know how 'walk-and-shoot = COD' when pretty much every game has the same thing (including the horror ones, not just action)
#16GoldsicklePosted 6/23/2012 4:01:11 AM
AgentX7k posted...
I don't know how 'walk-and-shoot = COD'

Fanboys defending their precious nostalgia.

"Resident Evil never had walk-and-shoot, so it should stay that way" or something like that.

Any argument, such as "walk-and-shoot is unrealistic", "it makes the game too easy", "goes against the core elements of Resident Evil", "it transforms the game into a generic shooter", etc. are all made-up reasoning.

It's all about the nostalgia.

Or some random fanboy being a hipster for unpopular stuff.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#17ShadowlinkexPosted 6/23/2012 8:24:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#18ItsAboutStylePosted 6/23/2012 5:05:29 PM
I'm not gonna lie, after playing Revelations, being able to walk and aim has spoiled me. For the most part, it's still very slow-paced, but it feels so refreshing for the series imo. It didn't turn Revelations into a run and gun game, but it definitely made it feel a lot more intuitive. From what I have seen of RE6 so far, it seems be the same case (although RE6 not doubt is more of an action type game).

It's pretty naive to think moving while aiming automatically turns a game into an action game or a "CoD-like" game...since Revelations had aim and move controls, while RE5 didn't, yet RE5 was way more of an action game than Revelations.
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.