Survival-Horror Ideas

#510Nintendo0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2012 9:05:48 PM
I am desperate to,when I graduate high school,own a gaming company and make game series';one of them being an ACTUAL Survival-Horror series,so that I can revive the genre.

I hate how Survival-Horror ended as quickly as it began.It should have continued as more popular instead of becoming Action-based.

What gave me hope was the release of Amnesia: The Dark Descent.That game was just pure scary and survival-based that it showed me other people actually want more Survival-Horror too (Amnesia is actually getting an indirect sequel called "Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs" :D).

I also hope Resident Evil 6 and Dead Space 3 are Survival-Horror as well or else I won't really care for RE anymore (it's not like I really care about the Dead Space series actually).I love Resident Evil 0,1,2,3,Code Veronica (for horror and survival),and Operation Raccoon City (for the fact that it takes place in Raccoon City),so it'd be sort of difficult for me to just have no more hope left for the future of the Resident Evil series.
---
www.nyancat.cat
#52garcia_jxPosted 6/30/2012 10:14:57 PM
that's probably the only way to revive the genre. We had a plethora of survival horror games back in the days, such RE, Silent Hill, Enemy Zero (even though it sucked), and other not so much critically acclaimed games. The point is that there were many games that were scary to play. To this day, I still think Code Veronica is the scariest and the best game in the RE series. I remember when I first saw the mansion afar. It was a damn scary looking mansion.