After playing the demo, I have a feeling this game will be a HUGE letdown

#1G1243Posted 7/3/2012 7:34:44 PM
I don't think having 3 different campaigns is a good idea. From playing the demo, it seems like they are just a bunch of scenes splice together just to get through with a co-op partner. This game has become something like Army of Two. You are just going through the motions, instead of being immersed in the experience.

It seems like they are spreading themselves thin in the story department. I could be wrong, but I don't like this direction they are taking.

A few other things: the aiming seem totally farked. RE4 and RE5 aiming was pretty spot on, but for some reason the aiming in this game seem way too floaty - not very precise.
I'm not crazy about the controls either. Its very clunky and takes some getting used to, and even though you think you've mastered it, it doesn't feel perfect moving around.

The inventory is a mess. It's difficult to switch to the correct item you are wanting with the DPAD. The Inventory design is also not very intuitive. They just made it more complex than it needs to be.

Also related to moving around, the camera is another issue. Sometimes you'll have an enemy rush behind you and it seems like it takes a bit too long to turn around to get at them. Meleeing seems hit-or-miss.

The demo didn't get me anymore hyped. In fact my expectations have now been lowered. Let's hope we are surprised, and they turn things around.
---
Selling Gotham City Imposters XBLA code for $5. Send a PM
#2ReDDevil2112Posted 7/4/2012 12:00:43 AM
I don't think having 3 different campaigns is a good idea. From playing the demo, it seems like they are just a bunch of scenes splice together just to get through with a co-op partner. This game has become something like Army of Two. You are just going through the motions, instead of being immersed in the experience.

This is not something you can fairly judge from a demo. The demo IS just a bunch of scenes. It's a DEMO. You arent playing a campaign that can weave together a story. They wanted to give you a slice of each campaign, so that's what they did. They put you into ONE level from each campaign with the minimum amount of plot info you need to know what you're doing in the moment.
---
Seems like my advice had no effect! Suffer like G did?
#3Monkey_cant_BDCPosted 7/4/2012 12:44:25 AM
ReDDevil2112 posted...

This is not something you can fairly judge from a demo. The demo IS just a bunch of scenes. It's a DEMO. You arent playing a campaign that can weave together a story. They wanted to give you a slice of each campaign, so that's what they did. They put you into ONE level from each campaign with the minimum amount of plot info you need to know what you're doing in the moment.

Umm no- the resident evil 5 demo was the same as RE5 ,same aiming, same screen tearing etc and the funny part was the bit in the demo was one the few good parts of RE5

I think the aiming and shooting feels alot lamer on RE6 demo compared to RE 4/5 , They better tighten that up, but as i said they may not...
#4liamx2000Posted 7/4/2012 12:46:49 AM
im enjoying the hell out of the demo and we must remember it's a demo !

ROLL ON OCTOBER !!
#5sonicsonicPosted 7/4/2012 2:03:38 AM
A poor camera, movement system, inventory and aiming are all minor problems. The whole point of the demo is to get people's feedback so they can tweak it.

I haven't played the demo, but I've watched the videos and whilst there do seem to be a few problems none of them seem to be game breaking.
#6NazomiPosted 7/4/2012 2:04:06 AM
I don't think the aiming has been done badly. I think it was far too easy before and they have made it 'shakier' to make the game a little harder
---
X360 GT: BarrattsMini
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOUBxJnH52Y
#7MashYouGoodPosted 7/4/2012 2:23:21 AM
The movement seems improved over past REs and the gameplay is, as a whole, considerably better than RE:ORC ..whatever that's worth.

Having said that, if the entire game has that semi-controlled cut-scene feel... well, let's just say, it better have a robust Mercs mode.
#8FreshSushiPosted 7/4/2012 3:17:22 AM
sonicsonic posted...
A poor camera, movement system, inventory and aiming are all minor problems. The whole point of the demo is to get people's feedback so they can tweak it.

I haven't played the demo, but I've watched the videos and whilst there do seem to be a few problems none of them seem to be game breaking.

That'd be a beta. A demo is for people to get a taste. It's why they're releasing the same demo 2 months from now for the ppl who didn't buy DD.
---
AE 2012: (Yun, Gouken), LoL: (J4), D3: (WD)
Saya no Uta - Dem Jap drugs
#9ReDDevil2112Posted 7/4/2012 7:55:16 AM
ReDDevil2112 posted...

Umm no- the resident evil 5 demo was the same as RE5 ,same aiming, same screen tearing etc and the funny part was the bit in the demo was one the few good parts of RE5

I think the aiming and shooting feels alot lamer on RE6 demo compared to RE 4/5 , They better tighten that up, but as i said they may not...

Your post has nothing to do with mine. Why quote me?
---
Seems like my advice had no effect! Suffer like G did?
#10TrueAnarchistPosted 7/4/2012 8:05:50 AM
The aiming is a little. . . odd. You point the crosshair at an enemy, but the laser dot shakes and targets wherever it wants.

It's annoying, however. . . I think it's intentional. Notice that we are picking up skill points? My money says that we can improve and aiming statistic for our characters.
---
Gamertag: Bboyd93