Sherry Birkin's laser sight...

#1TVthePunisherPosted 7/3/2012 9:04:46 PM
...why is it angled so...strangely? The laser sight is at the top of the gun yet the laser angles down at...I guess what's supposed to be the center. But...it does that for the Elephant killer too. And it looks like the laser is coming straight out of the barrel...yet both seem to be going down at a ...well I wouldn't say 45 degree angle but maybe a 20...? Certainly isn't straight on like the others.

I didn't see this issue with Chris or Leon...or Jake. Maybe it's just the co-op characters? BTW this is using classic style laser, not the "dot" in the reticle.
---
Adding IMO to a troll post does not void the trolling. Your opinion isn't a flame shield, it doesn't protect your stupidity. That's just my opinion of course.
#2KentFPosted 7/3/2012 9:54:29 PM
It's due to how the guns and lasers are designed. This bugged the hell out of me when I was playing.

Basically, the gun is "aiming" at the center of the screen, no matter what. The laser reflects this, but comes out of the actual mounted laser attachment of the gun, which creates this problem.

It bothers me, because one of the things that RE5 did very right, was that your laser sight actually comes straight out of the laser on your gun - meaning, when you fire, you know the exact trajectory of your bullet. Here, the fact that they're doing this, just feels... really off and weird.

It also bothers me that you can't see the laser sight of your co-op partner. This was important in RE5 because you could see where they were aiming, if something got their attention. I thought this was what the laser sight coloring was for (so you can more easily distinguish lasers), but apparently it's just for visible clarity.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Kent
Not really accepting random friend requests.
#3xxAnastatiusxxPosted 7/3/2012 9:59:30 PM
I agree. The laser sight angle is irritating since it actually comes out of the laser sight.

Also, where do you find the elephant killer?
---
Does this unit have a soul?
#4TVthePunisher(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2012 10:01:45 PM
xxAnastatiusxx posted...
I agree. The laser sight angle is irritating since it actually comes out of the laser sight.

Also, where do you find the elephant killer?

Second floor in the main room, find the stairs to climb up after you drop down and jump a gap at one point...there's an open room with some shelving and it's sitting there. Basically, it looks like a magnum and I mostly used it on the boss here.

I mean it's fine if the bullet goes where the laser is...but it just seems like it was poorly attached to gun with the way it is angled down like that rather than how it was in RE4/RE5.
---
Adding IMO to a troll post does not void the trolling. Your opinion isn't a flame shield, it doesn't protect your stupidity. That's just my opinion of course.