Which games better fit the "Resident Evil" or "BioHazard" names?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Which games better fit the "Resident Evil" or "BioHazard" names?
3 years ago#1
As many of you know, RE is known as Biohazard in Japan (and maybe Europe, but don't quote me)

So which games fit which name?

To me
Resident Evil = 1 and 4 Since they are all set in small out of the way villages of buildings giving a more well... Survival horror and resident feel

BioHazard = 2, 3, 5, 6 Since their is a huge outbreak that needs to be contained, taking over cities and countries.

Code Veronika on the other hand could go either way.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
3 years ago#2
biohazard sounds better and fits the overall series...its always been about biohazards either by viral infection or parasitic
3 years ago#3
gotta be resident evil.. I mean who doesn't like the guy saying "RESIDENT EVIL" when you press start on the main menu..
3 years ago#4
swatkiller546 posted...
gotta be resident evil.. I mean who doesn't like the guy saying "RESIDENT EVIL" when you press start on the main menu..

This

Biohazard fits better but Resident Evil sounds much cooler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzLWbniEu8E

cmon, that's just epic
3 years ago#5
swatkiller546 posted...

As I said 2 games fit "Resident Evil" better and the rest fit "Biohazard" better.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
3 years ago#6
Resident Evil sounds cooler and is more inventive. Biohazard is a regular word and a little too 'on the nose'
3 years ago#7
stawg007 posted...
swatkiller546 posted...

This

cmon, that's just epic

---
In Soviet Russia, sig writes you!
3 years ago#8
RGR490G posted...
stawg007 posted...
swatkiller546 posted...

This

cmon, that's just epic

This, quoting the quote of "this". So...yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oP4CkvqsqA

Here's a compilation, however I noticed RE2/RE3 were recast with the same guy who does Zero, REmake, RE5 and I know he'll be doing RE6. Code: Veronica for some reason only has him saying Resident Evil, same with Operation Raccoon City and I believe Survivor + Dead Aim. There seems to be two different actors, at it appears the guy from RE2/RE3 came back for Outbreak File 1....not sure about File 2 there.

I'll look for another compilation.

EDIT: He made a 2.0, including both VAs for RE2. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60X-Eo-maAQ
---
I've never thought of classic Resident Evil controls as "Tank Controls". No tank I've ever controlled moved as smoothly as they do.
(edited by TVthePunisher)
3 years ago#9
I've always thought we got the better deal with the title. "Resident Evil" just sounds cool.
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
3 years ago#10
Looking back at it, I guess RE3 is the first one that started using the new guy. I believe the RE2 one sounds like the original guy for RE1...but uncertain. The Code Veronica one is someone else entirely.

Edit: Ugh I keep editing these things. He didn't include Dead Aim but he does say Survivor. Regardless, the Resident Evil title > Biohazard though...for some reason Biohazard 3D Mercs has one of the two guys. Another note: I dig the foreign sound for Degeneration.
---
I've never thought of classic Resident Evil controls as "Tank Controls". No tank I've ever controlled moved as smoothly as they do.
(edited by TVthePunisher)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. Which games better fit the "Resident Evil" or "BioHazard" names?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived