RE6 multiplayer might have over 20 playable characters, not counting costumes

#1xenosaga123Posted 7/4/2012 1:05:15 PM
RE:ORC has Karena, Vladimir, Vector, Hector, Michaela, Christine, Lawrence, Erez, Marissa, Crispin, Caroline, Sienna, Claire, Leon, Carlos, Jill, HUNK, Lonewolf, Nikolai and Ada playable in multiplayer. (most Unique, Expansive and Creative selection since RE Outbreak file 2) So it sets the RE character selection standards that RE6 must match or surpass. (RE Outbreak games still surpass all REs with over 30 playable characters for all modes, and that didn't need the budget or 600 staff members that RE6 has. ). RE6 would be so much better with 20+ characters instead of just 8. the RE universe has plenty to pick from.
#2ShadowlinkexPosted 7/4/2012 2:50:37 PM
... I HIGHLY doubt this could happen.

Based on what's been shown (trailers), I think there's at least 9 characters available to use in multiplayer. Leon, Helena, Chris, Piers, Jake, Sherry, Ada, Wesker-like person (Forgot the name) and possibly, just maybe Hunnigan?

And for ORC; unique? expansive? What are you smoking?
#3SquallLuvsL4PPosted 7/4/2012 2:56:14 PM
...you lost me at "ORC sets the stanards"
---
This post is made of 100% REAL CHEESE
Care to take a bite? Number of bites: 20
#4JirynPosted 7/4/2012 3:04:04 PM
Wait, what type of MP are we talking about
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#5G1243Posted 7/4/2012 3:27:00 PM
SquallLuvsL4P posted...

+1
---
Selling Gotham City Imposters XBLA code for $5. Send a PM
#6xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2012 3:27:14 PM
there are at least 4 known multiplayer modes, but in general of course all playable characters should be available for all multiplayer modes.

multiplayer is confirmed, and it will support 2-6 / 8 players.

they should at least work up to 10 playable characters like RE Revelations (not counting costumes).

Well Revelations could of had 11 playable characters but it's so stupid they didn't make Rachel playable, but they did make characters playable that didn't even use a gun in the story.

Also RE5 added characters like Barry and Rebecca playable.

So with the biggest budget and biggest videogame Capcom is creating with RE6, they can definitely include 20 playable characters for multiplayer modes, even if they are pulling from the RE universe pre-RE6.
#7manonfiyaPosted 7/4/2012 3:28:58 PM
More characters would be FAR better than spamming mp with silly costumes w/different loadouts.

If they want to add the costumes instead make them available through the actual story mode (ala RE2) through beating the game and/or other similar requirements.
#8xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2012 3:29:36 PM
SquallLuvsL4P posted...

as far as multiplayer characters selection, then. Only a fool would deny that more playable characters would make multiplayer much better with more playable characters to choose from. Even those that don't like such and such character, other people might choose them, that's why even for RE mercenaries or any multiplayer, it is always a great things to pack it with lots of playable characters.

And it's really not asking for much. videogames like Timesplitters have 150 characters for its multiplayer.

20 playable characters in RE6 multiplayer modes is entirely realistic for RE6 dev team.
#9SquallLuvsL4PPosted 7/4/2012 3:58:48 PM
xenosaga123 posted...
SquallLuvsL4P posted...

as far as multiplayer characters selection, then. Only a fool would deny that more playable characters would make multiplayer much better with more playable characters to choose from. .

Normally I would agree with this, but Suikoden provend that more character rs isn't always a good thing.

I have no idea how they would manage to make 20+ characters different enough to warrant making them all. I say 10, maybe. Eight being the confirmed characters, (Chris, Piers, Jake, Sherry, Leon, Helena, Ada, and "Partner", whoever it may be) and a few other important story characters. Then maybe add some dlc.

10 or 12, max.
---
This post is made of 100% REAL CHEESE
Care to take a bite? Number of bites: 20
#10JirynPosted 7/4/2012 4:04:44 PM
xenosaga123 posted...
there are at least 4 known multiplayer modes, but in general of course all playable characters should be available for all multiplayer modes.

multiplayer is confirmed, and it will support 2-6 / 8 players.

they should at least work up to 10 playable characters like RE Revelations (not counting costumes).

Well Revelations could of had 11 playable characters but it's so stupid they didn't make Rachel playable, but they did make characters playable that didn't even use a gun in the story.

Also RE5 added characters like Barry and Rebecca playable.

So with the biggest budget and biggest videogame Capcom is creating with RE6, they can definitely include 20 playable characters for multiplayer modes, even if they are pulling from the RE universe pre-RE6.

Will there be a Co-op campaign?
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.