No ragdoll physics = no purchase

#1chumpyflumpyPosted 7/5/2012 10:16:59 AM
What's the point in a game where you kill zombies etc if they all die in the same ways?

I am using ragdoll as a blanket term for all physics, why not have a solid physics engine?

It's lazy and it makes the whole game pointless.
---
Hello.
#2LAPDSWAT33Posted 7/5/2012 10:21:33 AM
"makes the whole game pointless."

LOL!
#3sheridanmovieguPosted 7/5/2012 10:41:10 AM
Ragdoll physics don't really work in a game like this. I mean, did you see what happened with Silent Hill Downpour? Totally narm.
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
#4A Wesker 102Posted 7/5/2012 11:53:10 AM
Ragdoll or not, a lot of the animations in this game are sub-par.
---
"Metal Gear Solid 4 was a letdown. There, I said it. At least I'm not deluded enough to make myself believe it was good."
#5ReDDevil2112Posted 7/5/2012 12:06:12 PM(edited)
I have to admit I was a little shocked and disappointed when I blasted an enemy with the Anti-Material Rifle and they did the same exact "get thrown backwards while spinning around" animation we've seen since Resident Evil 4. All this new content, new controls, new graphics engine, new enemy types and everything, why keep that one extremely noticeable and repetitive animation instead of adding a physics engine or at least creating a new animation for that?

I dont really care THAT much though, it just seems odd. I would love ragdoll physics, but to be honest, there's so much going on that it can be a little difficult to notice its missing. So im fine not having it, but it would be nice.
---
Seems like my advice had no effect! Suffer like G did?
#6sheridanmovieguPosted 7/5/2012 12:07:49 PM
A Wesker 102 posted...
Ragdoll or not, a lot of the animations in this game are sub-par.

Really? I was rather impressed them with, myself. I thought the melee moves in particular looked great.
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
#7ebola9717Posted 7/5/2012 12:24:54 PM
Japan is still years behind when it comes to animation and physics. Their graphics have gotten better but if they don't move realistically then what's the point? I can't believe they are still using animations from RE4. That's crazy.
#8me3x12Posted 7/5/2012 12:26:33 PM
ebola9717 posted...
Japan is still years behind when it comes to animation and physics. Their graphics have gotten better but if they don't move realistically then what's the point? I can't believe they are still using animations from RE4. That's crazy.

In all honesty this does not bother me becuase my main concern was being able to move and shoot I can over look this but for RE7 yeah it's a must.
#9Hawke0Posted 7/5/2012 12:29:33 PM
ebola9717 posted...

Time spent on graphics is a wasted effort, it'll look horribly outdated in 2 or 3 years anyway.
---
Conduit 2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
#10WiiUltraMasterPosted 7/5/2012 3:47:05 PM
Can someone give me a list of games that have the ragdoll engine like Lost Planet 2.

I love games with ragdoll but i will have to say that RE isn't the game for it, At least not RE6