Really, Capcom?

#41GoldsicklePosted 7/10/2012 10:05:46 AM
psyduck151 posted...
Because of the over-the-shoulder camera? You honestly think RE4 was the first game to implement that?

While it's hard to determine who was really the first to do something, when it comes to RE4, we know that it popularized over-the-shoulder shooting.

The staff who made Gears Of War and Dead Space mentions that they were inspired by RE4.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#42psyduck151Posted 7/10/2012 4:11:28 PM
Never knew Epic Games was inspired by RE4.
Guess I stand corrected then
---
Love. Pass It On.
GT: xCatch the Bus
#43GoldsicklePosted 7/10/2012 6:12:17 PM
psyduck151 posted...
Never knew Epic Games was inspired by RE4.
Guess I stand corrected then

And the funny thing is that the staff for RE5 are fans of Gears Of War.

So it went full circle.
---
There is no such thing as a "Quick Time Event done right".
A game that has Quick Time Events is a "video game done wrong".
#44DevilStriderPosted 7/10/2012 7:36:21 PM
sheridanmoviegu posted...
hahahahalasers posted...
The world doesn't need another mediocre Resident Evil game. I didn'treally even play too much of the originals, but I feels for the player base.

I mean, RE4 was a so-so game. It wasn't groundbreaking, but it was kinda fun.

Stopped reading there.

Same here.
---
Toproq: "There is no really truly bad news for the PS3."
#45FribbenPosted 7/11/2012 2:04:36 AM
RE4 made me do a double take when I had already given up on Nintendos console. I played the demo for it at least 30-40 times in anticipation of the games release. It didn't disappoint at all when I finally got my hands on it. To say that it is my favorite RE title is putting it mildly (although I really love 2 and CV as well).

RE5 was a travesty for me, I was literally heart-broken over the fact that the game was more of the same awesome formula, and I hated it anyway. It took me a while to piece together why and I came away with nothing but the story and lack of tension in the game. No attempt was even made to be scary.

RE6 has a pretty wonky camera, controls that feel a bit like ORC (that's a bad thing) but slightly refined, and Chris's section feels like a military 3rd person shooter. Despite those flaws I find in the demo, I'm holding out hope based solely on Leon and Jakes sections of the demo. There seems to be an attempt to add tension there.

Keep in mind these are just my observations and are subject to my own personal view of the game. Shortly, it's just an opinion.
---
Insert quirky comment that makes fun of signatures as a concept here.
#46pro9b17Posted 7/11/2012 2:30:51 AM
RE4 is easily in the top 10 games of the last 10 years......
---
http://i.imgur.com/EFYRV.gif
#47DemonSlayer92Posted 7/11/2012 6:30:35 AM
hahahahalasers posted...
The world doesn't need another mediocre Resident Evil game. I didn'treally even play too much of the originals, but I feels for the player base.

I mean, RE4 was a so-so game. It wasn't groundbreaking, but it was kinda fun. RE5 made me feel like I was playing Gears of War with zombies. And now this. That has to be one of the worst demos I've ever played.

Nothing's even changed. Not gameplay, not graphics, nothing. If anything, it's become even more hurr-durr bro-shooter than 5.

I dunno what Capcom's thinking sometimes. Seriously, you know there're better ways to spend that impressive budget you guys have than another cookie-cutter shooter with the Resident Evil name.

Sincerely, a disgruntled Monster Hunter fan.

...The hell?! How? I mean, seriously, how? I did not think it was possible to look at, for example, the letter F and see the letter O. Two completely different games, kiddo.
---
"Just because the story isn't for everyone doesn't mean it's a bad game." -Brimuslabus