Is it me or did this game's graphics get a downgrade?

#1DRzCalderonPosted 7/9/2012 12:02:36 PM
Not trying to imply graphics make a game but when they do things like this it kinda turns me down. Or maybe it's just me. But seriously I think RE5 had better graphics.

Does anyone see it? Or not see it?
---
"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
#2garcia_jxPosted 7/9/2012 3:26:49 PM
I think it is just the demo that makes it look downgraded. I'm sure the retail version should have better graphics and a more polished feel.
#3SlimeSwayzePosted 7/9/2012 3:40:25 PM
The one thing I expect to improve drastically by release is the visuals. It's only fair to be forgiving of the technical problems that the demo had, particularly the screen tearing. I'm sure it will be a fine looking game, even if the art design isn't as compelling as some of the older games in the series.
---
I don't like this air, but that doesn't mean I'll stop breathing it.
#4ElusionM_08Posted 7/9/2012 3:40:46 PM
RE5 definitely has better graphics, especially in the cutscenes.

In fact, RE5 easily has some of the best graphics in gaming overall. And the cutscenes were very cinematic too.
---
Chris and Leon Bromance - October 2nd 2012
#5Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 7/9/2012 4:38:41 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
The one thing I expect to improve drastically by release is the visuals. It's only fair to be forgiving of the technical problems that the demo had, particularly the screen tearing. I'm sure it will be a fine looking game, even if the art design isn't as compelling as some of the older games in the series.

That would be nice, but I would say the technical problems are due to the graphics.

The tearing and minimal field of view are usually implemented to help the framerate and compensate for the graphics/effects. Saints Row 3 had horrendous tearing, but you could turn it off if you wanted crazy slowdown/framerate drop instead.

Graphics may not be a huge upgrade from RE5, but there is a lot more happening on screen than in RE5.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#6DaltonMPosted 7/9/2012 5:15:48 PM
Yeah, it must be really hard to find the right balance of action, and graphics. You want a lot of stuff happening, and for it to look good, but it must run well on the consoles.
---
Lemme show you this:
http://canv.as/ugc/original/0e13ed99e52799225eb2c8e1406811951c576a87.gif
#7crynryanPosted 7/9/2012 5:29:12 PM
Yeah, it must be really hard to find the right balance of action, and graphics. You want a lot of stuff happening, and for it to look good, but it must run well on the consoles.

Which is one of the reasons why games development is hell. So much testing to find the limits and what you can do reasonably well given the constraints of the platform you're running it on.

As for any "downgrade" in graphics, it all really depends on memory usage for textures/polygons. The 360 can handle nearly 8 gigs on a single disc. While RE5 looked better, it's probably because it was a smaller game. RE6 has 3 campaigns, each with their own setpieces and dialogue. So in order to fit everything on the disc, they'd have to naturally downgrade the textures to make them not as detailed.
---
Would you like to see an RPG game, with a battle system based off Guitar Hero? PM me if you think so, and tell me any thing you would like to see in it.
#8HarleenzPosted 7/9/2012 7:29:56 PM
Re5 had better graphics. The enviroments for RE6 look fine. It's the characters that look odd.
#9aluccardPosted 7/9/2012 8:33:24 PM
The graphics in RE5 were definitely better, both in backgrounds and character models. I think a lot of the problem is the camera and the speed at which your character is always moving. And I definitely wouldn't say that Re6 has more going on, load up the RE5 demo in Shanty Down...that's extremely chaotic with as many as a dozen people chasing you at once. I didn't notice screen tearing when I was playing it last night.
---
-Aluccard
Currently Playing: RE6 Demo
#10youngskillzPosted 7/9/2012 9:53:17 PM
bottom line, they need to implement re5's controls an upgrade the visuals to bring the game to some sort of standard....revelations also had good controls an visuals (for a 3ds game).

if not, capcom just don't give a crap anymore.
---
PSN - str8dmenace
Where is this dark i came to find ? -- Dark Tranquility