Can someone explain to me what the problem with the demo is? Please?

#1CorporalGiroroPosted 7/10/2012 4:38:12 AM
Seriously, a lot of people are posting topics bashing haters, the haters are claiming their arguments are valid and the fanboys aren't providing any real rebuttals but I don't even know what these supposed "valid criticisms" are. All I seem to have gathered is that this game isn't RE1/2/3/4. Is that it, or is there much more to it? I don't feel like sifting through a bunch of crappy, hate filled topics just to find an answer.
---
Girogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogiro
WWWYKI
#2chaos_sage0265Posted 7/10/2012 5:49:48 AM
1. Clunky controls
2. Screen Tearing: The Game
3. Poor camera
4. Rather ugly graphics and textures
5. Uninspired and mediocre TPS at best.

By 2012's standards, this is not a good game.
---
"We will be remembered for this. White Wall."
#3WeH4veAHulkPosted 7/10/2012 5:56:21 AM
CorporalGiroro posted...
Seriously, a lot of people are posting topics bashing haters, the haters are claiming their arguments are valid and the fanboys aren't providing any real rebuttals but I don't even know what these supposed "valid criticisms" are. All I seem to have gathered is that this game isn't RE1/2/3/4. Is that it, or is there much more to it? I don't feel like sifting through a bunch of crappy, hate filled topics just to find an answer.

Well like you said its not like the past resident evil games, disliking the fact it's lost it's horror elements,also the graphics seem downgraded, the crosshair seems floaty making it hard to aim at times,and the camera is very jittery at times and is far too close to the player, not to mention there is a lot of screen tearing, there is probrably more issues but that's pretty much all I can think of, but these should be sorted in the final release, but personally I love what I have played and am really looking forward to it, but that's just my opinion.
#4jmichaelbpPosted 7/10/2012 6:41:15 AM
chaos_sage0265 posted...
1. Clunky controls
2. Screen Tearing: The Game
3. Poor camera
4. Rather ugly graphics and textures

This, so much this.
I can't believe they are releasing it this year.
#5Falcon2852Posted 7/10/2012 7:27:56 AM
I'd leave out the screen tearing and textures since it is just a demo and those things could get polished up, so it may not be a valid concern.

The controls are not great. They had a floaty feel to them. And the character not aiming exactly where you aim doesn't help that. Also, it seems like they crammed a lot of things in. You may have seen in videos that you can take cover or dive on the floor. I have no idea how you do those things, I think it involves pressing multiple buttons at once. But more importantly, I have no idea why you would need to do those things. There was no point in the demo where diving on the floor would have helped me. And the only reason I would have needed to take cover is because I got shot a lot trying to figure out how to take cover, once I started fighting back I pretty much stopped taking damage.

The camera is too close, to the point where it's difficult to see things around you. This mainly applies to Chris's section of the demo.

---
And now, Cookie-puss, I will eat your SOUL!
Full of country goodness and green pea-ness. Wait, that's terrible. I quit.
#6CorporalGiroro(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 8:14:32 AM
I thought the controls were fine. It was always the camera that screwed me. If the camera wasn't so bad the controls wouldn't seem as bad IMO.

Graphics aren't everything. If the game plays well it doesn't really bother me if it looks bad. They didn't really seem that bad though, normally if it looks terrible I would laugh at how bad it is. I personally didn't experience any screen tearing. I went back and really looked for it. None whatsoever. Maybe I have a TV from the gods themselves, I dunno.

chaos_sage0265 posted...

It's way too early to determine this. There's about 15-20 minutes of actual gameplay in the demo. For all we know, they left out the really good parts. For all we know, this is the best there is. We simply cannot know.

WeH4veAHulk posted...
disliking the fact it's lost it's horror elements... the crosshair seems floaty making it hard to aim at times

I thought the atmosphere in Leons portion was pretty good. It was definitely a good sign there was going to be a slower paced campaign.

I never actually used the crosshair, I only ever used the laser sight. The most annoying thing about that is it moves around a bit, but unless you're going for long distance headshots it's not really an issue. Well, it wasn't for me anyway.

Falcon2852 posted...
You may have seen in videos that you can take cover or dive on the floor. I have no idea how you do those things, I think it involves pressing multiple buttons at once. But more importantly, I have no idea why you would need to do those things. There was no point in the demo where diving on the floor would have helped me.

I seen in the controls part, but I never intentionally used the dive and I've never taken cover at all. I agree, there's really no point in doing those things. Seems to me it was just added to keep those with short attention spans happy. "Hey look guys, I'm diving and shooting aren't I AWESOME!" Pretty pointless all in all.
---
Girogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogiro
WWWYKI
#7sheridanmovieguPosted 7/10/2012 8:31:49 AM
Basically, TC, the only real answer is: it doesn't play like older REs and some people don't like that. I happen to think it plays awesome and is a lot fun. You should judge for yourself, though. If you don't have DD there are ways to get the demo. Just google it.
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
#8WeH4veAHulkPosted 7/10/2012 8:54:43 AM
IMO I think the diving and rolling is a very useful feature, a few times enemies have been around me and I've dived back for space,and rolling out the way of attacks and gun fire, if you haven't found it useful fair enough, but I guarantee you will.
#9Bristow84Posted 7/10/2012 10:12:35 AM
The diving feature can be the difference between life and death when dealing with Ustanak
---
||AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3.4GHZ || Asus M4A87TD/USB3|| CM960 II Advanced || 4GB || GTX670 || Win7 64Bit
GT: Plizmatic Pain
#10chaos_sage0265Posted 7/10/2012 11:19:15 AM
Falcon2852 posted...
I'd leave out the screen tearing and textures since it is just a demo and those things could get polished up, so it may not be a valid concern.

Considering the Dragon's Dogma demo also had screen tearing that made it into the final game, I'd say it's a valid concern.

sheridanmoviegu posted...
Basically, TC, the only real answer is: it doesn't play like older REs and some people don't like that.

Don't be that guy. Nobody likes that guy. Dismissing valid critique to defend something you like just makes you look like an idiot.
---
"We will be remembered for this. White Wall."