Casuals don't like scary games, RE will never be scary again

#51Mander1861Posted 7/13/2012 5:40:55 PM
sheridanmoviegu posted...
Mander1861 posted...
This one looks alot brighter.
Hope it manages to pull off a good vibe like the last one.

Well that's the point. They aren't going to for the same feel. Bioshock was about visiting a society after its destruction. In Bioshock Infinite you go to one as it is collapsing. The setting, the sky, is a metaphor as well as a juxtaposition of the events going on there. So it looks bright, but the things going on there are decidedly not.

Ah so its like Vegas.
Gotcha.
---
An intelligent person does not need the promise of Heaven to see merit in a good deed.
Carl Sagans Pale Blue Dot ....Google it and get some perspective.
#52sheridanmovieguPosted 7/13/2012 5:51:18 PM
Mander1861 posted...
Ah so its like Vegas.
Gotcha.

Heh, yeah. Pretty much.
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
#53youngskillzPosted 7/13/2012 5:58:56 PM
mostly this seems to be the case.....

money > everything else.

still though after having played and beaten revelations i will continue to have some faith in the series.
---
PSN - str8dmenace
Where is this dark i came to find ? -- Dark Tranquility
#54DutchZombiePosted 7/14/2012 2:45:41 AM
RE was never that scary. I hated Dead Space. Dark Souls was really gripping for me, It had a good atmosphere and a lot of things that could easily kill you so I was always on my guard,
#55CTU_007Posted 7/14/2012 12:19:15 PM
It was never scary in the first place.
#56brunbbmercPosted 7/14/2012 12:23:12 PM
every one of the original RE games was a greatest hit and they all sold over a million copies soooo
---
Dignity. Intelligence. Class. brunbbmerc. S&R's number one Rams fan.
#57sheridanmovieguPosted 7/14/2012 5:56:13 PM
brunbbmerc posted...
every one of the original RE games was a greatest hit and they all sold over a million copies soooo

And no RE game sold nearly as well as RE5 soooo....
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
#58Sir_HaxorPosted 7/15/2012 1:24:47 PM
brunbbmerc posted...

And no RE game sold nearly as well as RE5 soooo....

Gaming wasn't as popular among casuals soooooooo...
---
"It's like I'm assisting suicide! Hate not me. Hate your weakness!"- Iori
3DS FC: 0559-6940-0140
#59sheridanmovieguPosted 7/15/2012 1:29:23 PM
Sir_Haxor posted...

And what does that have to do with anything? He was arguing that the old REs were hyper successful (actually they were only modest successes, even RE4) and thus they shouldn't change. My point was that RE5 was by far the most successful, so it makes sense that some of that game's influence seems prevalent here.

You can believe what you want about the people who play those games, but it doesn't change the facts.
---
#60Sir_HaxorPosted 7/15/2012 1:33:18 PM
Sir_Haxor posted...

And what does that have to do with anything? He was arguing that the old REs were hyper successful (actually they were only modest successes, even RE4) and thus they shouldn't change. My point was that RE5 was by far the most successful, so it makes sense that some of that game's influence seems prevalent here.

You can believe what you want about the people who play those games, but it doesn't change the facts.

There are more people playing games nowadays so saying that RE5 sold more isn't a valid argument.

I guess classic Mario games don't matter since NSMB has pretty much outsold them.
---
"It's like I'm assisting suicide! Hate not me. Hate your weakness!"- Iori
3DS FC: 0559-6940-0140