one thing that bothers me about leon

#1krosieangel gfPosted 8/11/2012 6:35:37 AM
why did they change his face from looking american (RE4) to him having a chinese look in the animated movie and thisgame
#2MusambaniPosted 8/11/2012 8:08:02 AM
Most likely to try and imply that he had changed in the time we had not seen him. As well, I don't see any Asian features on him, and I've not seen him long enough in Damnation to make a call on that.
#3xchaosx97Posted 8/11/2012 8:23:06 AM
I don't see how he even remotely resembles an Asian.
---
Quit trunching my oatwads!
#4krosieangel gf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2012 8:51:45 AM
his eyes are not as round as they where in 4
#5SwiftyFXPosted 8/11/2012 9:26:11 AM(edited)
So because he has small eyes he looks 'Chinese'? Wow.

I have small-ish eyes and I'm North African. Also, bear in mind that even Chris looks nothing like he did in the PS1/2 games.
---
"I would rather have a baby through my **** than be married again..."
- Marshall 'Eminem' Bruce Mathers III
#6DrakoVongola1Posted 8/11/2012 9:26:18 AM
krosieangel gf posted...

Anyone else think that seems a bit racist? He thinks Leon looks Chinese because his eyes are slightly smaller?
---
I hate religion, but I love Jesus.
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#7krosieangel gf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2012 9:36:28 AM
some one else noticed his face looked off here http://community.videogamer.com/blog/tomo/whats_wrong_with_leons_face_in_resident_evil_6/

and these 2 links are so you can compare
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/galleries/2011-03-24/resident-evil-4-hd-comparison-screens/resident-evil-4-hd-comparison-screens_1300982689.jpg

http://pushstartselect.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/leon-1143-610.jpg
#8krosieangel gf(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2012 9:37:04 AM
and no im not being racist
#9MusambaniPosted 8/11/2012 9:38:54 AM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
krosieangel gf posted...

Anyone else think that seems a bit racist? He thinks Leon looks Chinese because his eyes are slightly smaller?

It's not racist in the slightest. Racism implies rude & insulting. The OP is only making a harmless observation and asking for clarification.

That's like saying a black guy is black. Just pointing out that Asians have different eyes is racist?

I hate how thin ice the issues of race and ethnicity features are these days. It's not racism unless someone is insulting you for whatever reason and using your very being as a catalyst.
#10InfectedgloryPosted 8/11/2012 10:02:42 AM
Musambani posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
krosieangel gf posted...

It's not racist in the slightest. Racism implies rude & insulting. The OP is only making a harmless observation and asking for clarification.

That's like saying a black guy is black. Just pointing out that Asians have different eyes is racist?

I hate how thin ice the issues of race and ethnicity features are these days. It's not racism unless someone is insulting you for whatever reason and using your very being as a catalyst.

Except its being very ignorant. How would having smaller eyes make him look more Asian? There are tons of caucasians who have very small eyes. In fact I've been in places where the Asians have bigger eyes than the Caucasians.

Also its like saying a black person looks like an American because his neck was sunburned.
Obviously just an observation right?
---
---Nostalgia is like alcohol. Completely ruins your judgement.