Resident Evil 7

#1eAsymAc187Posted 8/17/2012 2:31:17 AM
Honestly, how many more numbered titles do you think there will be?
Every series has to have an end, other than Super Mario Bros...
But honestly, how long do you think the RE series will play it when it comes to the main story?
#2garcia_jxPosted 8/17/2012 2:39:03 AM
To me, the RE series is like the final fantasy series. It's like a never ending series. Capcom will continue making games as long as they keep making money.
#3butsizzlePosted 8/17/2012 6:24:20 AM
Quote:To me, the RE series is like the final fantasy series. It's like a never ending series. Capcom will continue making games as long as they keep making money.
@garcia_jx

The real question here is how the hell does Capcom still make money off RE?
---
"Did you just say that you respect pedophiles?" - butsizzle
"Hell yeah." - _Sawyer
#4EleczoroPosted 8/17/2012 1:45:15 PM
So many things wrong with this thread, first TC, there are still tons of franchises still running that are even older than RE (Kirby, Zelda, Pokemon, Castlevania, tons of the Nintendo franchises), and butsizzle, RE is now an AAA game franchise. These newer games made buckets more money than the old RE ever did. If you want to complain about quality games getting low profit go look up Grasshopper manufactures
#5ravenscourgePosted 8/17/2012 1:49:19 PM
butsizzle posted...
Quote:To me, the RE series is like the final fantasy series. It's like a never ending series. Capcom will continue making games as long as they keep making money.
@garcia_jx

The real question here is how the hell does Capcom still make money off RE?

By releasing quality games in a beloved series with a loyal fanbase.
---
XBL - k0mRaDe Kr1m5oN PSN - ravenscourge
Sindel, Kitana, and Raiden. <3
#6dreamtheater33Posted 8/17/2012 1:53:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvSjiq1pLVY

reminds me of butsizzle as the donkey lol
---
GameFaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious
#7siegeshotPosted 8/19/2012 5:37:30 PM
eAsymAc187 posted...
But honestly, how long do you think the RE series will play it when it comes to the main story?

Since every iteration is in the future, 7 will be whatever happens after 6. There are still several pharmaceutical companies to deal with each, remnants of the original virus. There could be a 7, it'd just be cleanup though. RE 7: Clean Your Room !

I don't know. What it seems like, especially after Revelations, is there's no shortage of samples to make new iterations out of. Each iteration gets sold to a terrorist or political regime and 2-3 outbreaks around the same time and you have yourself a new RE title.
---
Frank West needs to cover RE6 Mercs and RE:ORC's Heroes! Last battle covered: uMvC3. He's covered wars ya know?
#8admiral84Posted 8/20/2012 8:53:57 AM
siegeshot posted...
eAsymAc187 posted...

Since every iteration is in the future, 7 will be whatever happens after 6. There are still several pharmaceutical companies to deal with each, remnants of the original virus. There could be a 7, it'd just be cleanup though. RE 7: Clean Your Room !

I don't know. What it seems like, especially after Revelations, is there's no shortage of samples to make new iterations out of. Each iteration gets sold to a terrorist or political regime and 2-3 outbreaks around the same time and you have yourself a new RE title.

We've seen a nameless corporation responsible for bio-weapons, to series of people, to a contrived conquer the world plot, then to an exterminate the world because I can, and finally rests on terrorism. It's more like the RE series as been riding on either popular tropes at the time or off real world events. Anyone else think the Terrorism angle in their world has been very poorly handled?
---
XBL Tag: StandloneCmplex
That's funny, my kids are called Morrowind, Vivec and Mudcrab Merchant. ~Solusx2
#9StarBladeEdgePosted 8/20/2012 12:07:27 PM
eAsymAc187 posted...

um final fantasy ...?....13....14......?
---
Leeloo Dallas ONLINE Pass
Christie2001
#10siegeshotPosted 8/20/2012 3:44:56 PM(edited)
admiral84 posted...
We've seen a nameless corporation responsible for bio-weapons, to series of people, to a contrived conquer the world plot, then to an exterminate the world because I can, and finally rests on terrorism. It's more like the RE series as been riding on either popular tropes at the time or off real world events. Anyone else think the Terrorism angle in their world has been very poorly handled?

Very good observations!

I think the problem gets described best at the beginning of Degeneration where versions of the virus got doled out like candy to every a--hole on the planet. Every country more or less has enough of a medical program to start working the virus into something applicable for their area, not to mention Umbrella itself had facilities seemingly everywhere. And you never know where one is until there is a biohazard outbreak....

RE5 starts with them talking about more 'black market deals' and BSAA is trying to stop them but they're literally in every nook and cranny craphole on the planet. Plus who knows where else those progenitor flowers are, or where else there can be another variant of Las Plagas buried in the ground waiting to be dug up by some rich psychopath.

Even though it isn't canon the same thing happens in RE Wildstorm and again in Sheva's backstory, whatever you'd want to call those events.

I think what Capcom needs to go back and do is explain exactly how good the lab needs to be to work the virus. In RE4 it was like a 3-4 room lab if I recall my many playthroughs. Is that all it takes?

If that's the case I assume the next RE is going to have to deal with mobile labs. And we know how well that goes over on the international community, "mobile labs, yeah right." And Revelations got into that where you end of having to practically invent a problem to deal with another nobody'll acknowledge.

Bah! Which revolves back into political stuff, and I don't want the next RE to be a giant political argument. I don't think the series is meant to be a metaphor for politics...... :( And there ya have it. I gone done wrote a book again. :( At least we'll have Frank West to cover the outbreaks for us.

---
Frank West needs to cover RE6 Mercs and RE:ORC's Heroes! Last battle covered: uMvC3. He's covered wars ya know?