camera is insufferably bad

#1spnccarmanPosted 9/18/2012 8:43:51 AM
Between the fact that it is about 2 millimeters behind your character at all times, seems to always want to be at a craned view looking down on your character and not directly behind no matter what you do (open a door? back to the overhead), and add to the fact that whenever you try and aim it just goes absolutely crazy no matter what setting you have it on.

and the whole switch to the left or right thing is unneeded because i basically have to decide which half of the screen i want to see.

it's pretty close to a deal breaker for the entire game, i hoped it would be fixed but it almost seems worse to me.
#2RineN1Posted 9/18/2012 8:46:35 AM
I actually find it better than it the 1st demo o.o
---
GT: RineN1. State you are from here before adding!
Waiting for: RE 6 (360). Playing: RE 5(360) Happy Wars(XBLA) La Tale (PC). Watching: To Aru Majutsu no Index
#3CarpetfluffPosted 9/18/2012 8:52:29 AM
I hope so; I'm just waiting on this version to download to see 'cos the camera - it's not where the character is so much as how close the field of view is pulled in front of them - pretty much killed any urge I had to play the game. Hopefully they took all the negative feedback from the earlier demo on board.
#4spnccarman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 8:53:30 AM
Carpetfluff posted...
I hope so; I'm just waiting on this version to download to see 'cos the camera - it's not where the character is so much as how close the field of view is pulled in front of them - pretty much killed any urge I had to play the game. Hopefully they took all the negative feedback from the earlier demo on board.

they didn't
#5CarpetfluffPosted 9/18/2012 9:57:27 AM
Yeah, while it's a better demo overall, there's still a lot wrong with how the game plays. I get the feeling it'll still feel like you're fighting the controls hours into the game. The camera wasn't as bad in the first two sections as they were more open but then some of the Jake section went back to feeling like I was playing the game while someone cupped their hands either side of my face - that tunnel vision feeling just gives me a headache.