This game feels like a power trip...

#1ZERO_X02Posted 9/18/2012 9:48:56 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like Capcom decided to make the player really powerful in this title? I'll use Leon as an example. He has a pistol that works like pretty much any other default pistol from RE4 and 5, but you can now move while aiming it. This is fine. However, if you are caught off guard by a zombie, you can now pull LTRT to fire a "quick shot" which is pretty much a mid-to-close range autoaim shot that staggers the zombie. Also, if too many zombies show up, you can just press Y while aiming to dual wield your pistols and double your fire rate. And when you run out of ammo, you can just melee enemies with a 2-3 hit combo that has an invincible finishing move in it.

Oh, and the zombies can never catch you unless Capcom locks you in a tight space with them because you can now sprint, slide tackle, and dive in any direction. You can also dive and land in an aiming position, and keep moving. Or you can just duck under the zombies' attacks.

Of all of the things that you can do now, you used to only be able to aim and shoot while stationary, melee if you staggered the enemy, and run (with the old run being like the new default moving speed). This could work just fine, but the zombies seem to be pretty much the same as they were in RE4-5, so they seem really weak. Even non-standard enemies like the chainsaw guy and lickers would have been a cakewalk in RE4-5 if you had RE6's repetoire, so not even powerful enemies seem like they would be threatening without a serious upgrade.

Hopefully RE6 has a steep difficulty climb in the actual game, otherwise this game is going to be more a power trip action title than survival horror. The combination of the mechanics and enemies don't seem to lend themselves to survival horror.
---
At Capcom, DLC=disc-locked content, not downloadable content.
#2cheese785Posted 9/18/2012 9:54:39 PM
I feel that the movement is balanced out a lot more in the other campaigns. The J'avos in Chris and Jake's campaign will run straight at you, and having the ability to dodge or sprint seems handy. In Leon's campaign, the movement did seem a little over the top. I'm hoping that in the full game they'll just pack rooms with zombies so you wont be able to just sprint around. I did find that tripping over bodies and getting grabbed by the crawling zombies significantly slowed you down though, which was good.

I'm not sure how I feel about the quick-shot thing. I think it's cool with the knife and, stun baton, and hand-to-hand, but it seems unnecessary with guns.
---
\m/
#3la2ya2nPosted 9/18/2012 10:10:55 PM
cheese785 posted...
I feel that the movement is balanced out a lot more in the other campaigns. The J'avos in Chris and Jake's campaign will run straight at you, and having the ability to dodge or sprint seems handy. In Leon's campaign, the movement did seem a little over the top. I'm hoping that in the full game they'll just pack rooms with zombies so you wont be able to just sprint around. I did find that tripping over bodies and getting grabbed by the crawling zombies significantly slowed you down though, which was good.

I'm not sure how I feel about the quick-shot thing. I think it's cool with the knife and, stun baton, and hand-to-hand, but it seems unnecessary with guns.

I agree with you on that, but if you notice, you can only use the quick shot thing a few times, you cant use it all the time. It refills though if u use a herb tablet thing
---
b ^_^ d
Gamertag: la2ya2n PSN: ijama