Resident Evil 6 seems to be going the way of MGS4

#1Aceofblades2k2Posted 9/26/2012 2:46:16 PM
The story will be deep, interesting and grandiose. I'm sure that the cinematics will be top notch. The graphics already look amazing, will probably be further tweaked in final retail release.

But the gameplay?

Lest we forget that games like RE and MGS were built on their gameplay. RE2-5 & MGS2 & 3 might have been good games story wise, but the gameplay was fun, effective and cohesive. We played the game to play the game, not to get to the next cut scene.

RE demo has lost everything that made the gameplay special, and plays like some bastardized silent hill. The COD elements in Chris's campaign were laughably bad.

Just like MGS3 - 4, RE5-6 will just completely lose what made it unique.

R.I.P. RE
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#2Vyse_skiesPosted 9/26/2012 2:54:10 PM
Resident Evil 6 seems to be going the way of MGS4

You mean crap, right?
---
My ignore list is exclusive to trolls only. I should warn you though, it's crowded and the trolls imprisoned within are mean, anti-social and well... ignored.
#3macarena69Posted 9/26/2012 2:57:22 PM
Aceofblades2k2 posted...
The story will be deep, interesting and grandiose. I'm sure that the cinematics will be top notch. The graphics already look amazing, will probably be further tweaked in final retail release.

But the gameplay?

Lest we forget that games like RE and MGS were built on their gameplay. RE2-5 & MGS2 & 3 might have been good games story wise, but the gameplay was fun, effective and cohesive. We played the game to play the game, not to get to the next cut scene.

RE demo has lost everything that made the gameplay special, and plays like some bastardized silent hill. The COD elements in Chris's campaign were laughably bad.

Just like MGS3 - 4, RE5-6 will just completely lose what made it unique.

R.I.P. RE

So that's why they ripped off Alone in the Dark?
---
Sno's ball and chain
#4FrogEyezPosted 9/26/2012 3:00:13 PM
oh look its another one of these threads, guess the board wouldn't be complete without at least 5 of these threads per day
---
GT - JeDDyD
"Lyda kicked over the be-headed man's head."
#5Shaft228Posted 9/26/2012 3:12:07 PM
You mean how they both ditched their tired, dated control schemes for better ones and stopped relying on poor controls to make their game difficult?
#6macarena69Posted 9/26/2012 3:23:49 PM
Shaft228 posted...
You mean how they both ditched their tired, dated control schemes for better ones and stopped relying on poor controls to make their game difficult?

-fights the MGS3 sniper boss-
-sneaks up on him and shoots-
-he runs away and I have no idea where he is because of the top down camera, then heals completely as I awkwardly try to find him in first person-
I'm out
---
Sno's ball and chain
#7StupidMofozPosted 9/26/2012 3:26:23 PM(edited)
You mean the game play is actually fun now? Interesting.

BTW the only classic re game that was actually fun gameplay wise was outbreak. The others lived purely off the stories and puzzles alone. That's not enough these days.
#8Bristow84Posted 9/26/2012 3:41:27 PM
I've played all the previous RE's and I find RE4 significantly funner to play. You want to know why? The camera and the controls. Considering they make the controls even better in Re6, I'll be enjoying it alot.

The old RE games are great games but they aren't that fun to play through again thanks to the outdated controls and camera.
---
||AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3.4GHZ || Asus M4A87TD/USB3|| CM960 II Advanced || 4GB || GTX670 || Win7 64Bit
GT: Plizmatic Pain
#9Vyse_skiesPosted 9/26/2012 3:43:40 PM
StupidMofoz posted...
You mean the game play is actually fun now? Interesting.

BTW the only classic re game that was actually fun gameplay wise was outbreak. The others lived purely off the stories and puzzles alone. That's not enough these days.

Except, Outbreak was terrible and the older games had plenty of battles which allowed them to be way more than just stories with puzzles. Look at Catherine for a story based puzzler.
---
My ignore list is exclusive to trolls only. I should warn you though, it's crowded and the trolls imprisoned within are mean, anti-social and well... ignored.
#10Shaft228Posted 9/26/2012 3:46:00 PM
macarena69 posted...
Shaft228 posted...

-fights the MGS3 sniper boss-
-sneaks up on him and shoots-
-he runs away and I have no idea where he is because of the top down camera, then heals completely as I awkwardly try to find him in first person-
I'm out

The funny thing is the re-release of MGS3 had a fully controllable camera. Even the devs knew that fixed camera **** didn't fly anymore as far back as 6 years ago, yet people still want it in today's games.

A fixed camera isn't always a bad thing though. The crash cam from Jake's DD demo was cool, and it seems some of their more platformy parts will use a fixed camera. Fixed cameras definitely don't work with combat anymore, though.