Resident Evil 6 seems to be going the way of MGS4

#31blacklabelicePosted 10/3/2012 11:46:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#32Cactus11Posted 10/4/2012 12:25:20 AM
Those who are saying "You cant go back" are just silly. You can absolutely go back and re-polish. The REmake was a classic example...the game was fantastic. Or how about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjV4xibt6jc

This is the original way RE4 was going to go before RE 4 got made. Now, as you can see, it is rather unpolished because it was scrapped so early on, but the idea that we somehow are unable to retain the feel of the older games and not be able to update them to work in a modern setting is just....silly to me. Resident Evil 4 and 5 would have been perfect compliments to their ancestors if they simply stayed with the original concept of survival first, action second. It's really that simple. Not that I'm saying RE 4 was a bad game, it really wasn't...I enjoyed it. However, would I have enjoyed it just as much if you called it something else? Absolutely.
---
drointhewind :Now before I start I am not a sexist, I own a wife
#33hehe101Posted 10/4/2012 12:29:17 AM
Cactus11 posted...
Those who are saying "You cant go back" are just silly. You can absolutely go back and re-polish. The REmake was a classic example...the game was fantastic. Or how about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjV4xibt6jc

This is the original way RE4 was going to go before RE 4 got made. Now, as you can see, it is rather unpolished because it was scrapped so early on, but the idea that we somehow are unable to retain the feel of the older games and not be able to update them to work in a modern setting is just....silly to me. Resident Evil 4 and 5 would have been perfect compliments to their ancestors if they simply stayed with the original concept of survival first, action second. It's really that simple. Not that I'm saying RE 4 was a bad game, it really wasn't...I enjoyed it. However, would I have enjoyed it just as much if you called it something else? Absolutely.

No thanks, not here for terrible 90's camera with horrid control. And if they did go this route good luck trying to sell 5 million.
#34RafNastyPosted 10/4/2012 12:44:55 AM
I thought you meant the characters will be all in the 60's. They are starting to age :(
---
GamerTag: RazorRaf
I remember the good ol' video games days when extra content was unlocked and not paid for..
#35Aceofblades2k2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 12:48:30 AM
Another similarity to MGS4

Shooting from your back. Who the hell thought this was a good/cool idea in either game?

I have never seen another shooter or anything use this mechanic other than these two games.
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#36LostHisHardcorePosted 10/4/2012 12:54:39 AM
hehe101 posted...

No thanks, not here for terrible 90's camera with horrid control. And if they did go this route good luck trying to sell 5 million.

Gotta love the stain Call of Duty has left on the industry
---
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate!"
"I'm you, I'm your shadow!"
#37diebuster2Posted 10/4/2012 1:05:30 AM
LostHisHardcore posted...
hehe101 posted...

Gotta love the stain Call of Duty has left on the industry

Man, it looks like dem Communist Fanboys are doing something right after all.
---
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain" - Harvey Dent.
#38brainlackPosted 10/4/2012 1:32:18 AM
macarena69 posted...
Shaft228 posted...
You mean how they both ditched their tired, dated control schemes for better ones and stopped relying on poor controls to make their game difficult?

-fights the MGS3 sniper boss-
-sneaks up on him and shoots-
-he runs away and I have no idea where he is because of the top down camera, then heals completely as I awkwardly try to find him in first person-
I'm out

really is mgs3 camera that hard the best mgs3 was the top down because you literally feel challenged with a limited view.

only a super human can view the back of naked snake and at the same time its sourrounding
---
because you like to read a sig in a sig so
I wrote a sig(inside a sig)for you to read - Brainlack