This game is make me disapointed

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. This game is make me disapointed
3 years ago#41
Whether you played 4 or not really doesn't have much bearing on the fact that you can spend 5 minutes looking up the history of an incremental product to understand what it is likely to offer you.....you know, like buying a car or going to see a prequel to a movie.
---
CP: Shadowrun(Genesis), Baldur's Gate2, Silent Hill Downpour, SOCOM Confrontation, Ultima VII, MG2, RE:ORC, LazyJones, FM4, Gauntlet Legends, Twisted Metal
3 years ago#42
Thyrfing86 posted...
Whether you played 4 or not really doesn't have much bearing on the fact that you can spend 5 minutes looking up the history of an incremental product to understand what it is likely to offer you.....you know, like buying a car or going to see a prequel to a movie.

Not many people do that.
---
EVERYONE WATCH MLP IT'S THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!!
EVERYONE PLAY BLACK MESA SOURCE ITS AWESOME!!!!
3 years ago#43
Hence society at large....the state of the American car....and look at you, holding yourself to the standard of the masses. Thats pretty close to the definition of mediocrity.
---
CP: Shadowrun(Genesis), Baldur's Gate2, Silent Hill Downpour, SOCOM Confrontation, Ultima VII, MG2, RE:ORC, LazyJones, FM4, Gauntlet Legends, Twisted Metal
3 years ago#44
Thyrfing86 posted...
Hence society at large....the state of the American car....and look at you, holding yourself to the standard of the masses. Thats pretty close to the definition of mediocrity.

If I held up myself as the standard of the masses, I wouldn't be hearing out your comments, and would accuse you of trolling for disagreeing.

No, I'm just stating that it does happen.
---
(message deleted)
3 years ago#46
Bump because I told you so.
---
3 years ago#47
Fallout 3 is an RPG. It's a WRPG (Western Role Playing Game) to be more precise. RPG is a term that is derived from table top games such as Dungeons and Dragons. Believe it or not, there are table top RPGs with guns.

The setting/atmosphere has no bearing on whether a game (video or table top) is an RPG or not, nor does the weaponry. The leveling up and stat allotment define it as an RPG by video game standards. Then, the character customization and player choice are what define FO3 as a WRPG. Surprisingly, the location of development has little importance.

Please do not try to misinform people with your own preconceived notions of what something is without first knowing what you're talking about. RPGs are not hard to classify.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
3 years ago#48
Quote:It's still survival horror. That's always been the core concept.
@DjDezzy

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-23-capcom-survival-horror-market-too-small-for-resident-evil
---
"Did you just say that you respect pedophiles?" - butsizzle
"Hell yeah." - _Sawyer
3 years ago#49
RanmaRanma posted...
Fallout 3 is an RPG. It's a WRPG (Western Role Playing Game) to be more precise. RPG is a term that is derived from table top games such as Dungeons and Dragons. Believe it or not, there are table top RPGs with guns.

The setting/atmosphere has no bearing on whether a game (video or table top) is an RPG or not, nor does the weaponry. The leveling up and stat allotment define it as an RPG by video game standards. Then, the character customization and player choice are what define FO3 as a WRPG. Surprisingly, the location of development has little importance.

Please do not try to misinform people with your own preconceived notions of what something is without first knowing what you're talking about. RPGs are not hard to classify.

A WRPG with shooter mechanics, 1 or 2 choices, serious lack of customization, stats that don't really matter (SPECIAL), and and some stats that are completely useless like speech which are onlythere to make people think this is an RPG?

If Bethesda had their way, they would remove stats altogether if people wouldn't get upset over it. Actually, they may remove it yet, since skyrim removed them.

Yea, RPGs can have guns. Fallout had them. Pathfinder had them. Even the giff in D&D used them. Doesn't mean Fallout 3 is an RPG in spite of having guns.
---
3 years ago#50
john_freeman69 posted...
RanmaRanma posted...

A WRPG with shooter mechanics, 1 or 2 choices, serious lack of customization, stats that don't really matter (SPECIAL), and and some stats that are completely useless like speech which are onlythere to make people think this is an RPG?

If Bethesda had their way, they would remove stats altogether if people wouldn't get upset over it. Actually, they may remove it yet, since skyrim removed them.

Yea, RPGs can have guns. Fallout had them. Pathfinder had them. Even the giff in D&D used them. Doesn't mean Fallout 3 is an RPG in spite of having guns.

I have deemed this game more than worthy of my $60.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 6
  3. This game is make me disapointed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived