Boy, do I feel sorry for those who listen to others.

#31hak145Posted 10/2/2012 11:32:03 AM
i know im not buying this game. The rest of you can do what is in my opinion a waste of money and buy this game. Not me, have a nice day
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#32ddmcgrathPosted 10/2/2012 11:34:16 AM
Matt_256 posted...
ddmcgrath posted...
Matt_256 posted...

I'm usually making $120/hour on the weekend..

Oh, please do tell us what you do for a living, otherwise you just wasted our time with your little background story.

Wasn't really the point of my message but I'm a Journeyman Scaffolder...

Sounds interesting. Sadly, I was hoping it was some super-secret stress free job that I could've googled and pursued, but this definitely aint that.

My GF's dad is a contractor, and he's been at some army base on an island for months now. Works all day, makes awesome money, hits the bar with his crew at night. Comes home a couple days a month. At a certain point there's such thing as making too much money. Having a home and being able to afford food and necessities is all most people need to be happy. Being able to splurge on "so-so" games like RE6 isn't exactly worth it, imo (mainly because I pay nothing for games, ahemm ;d )

Kudos to you,though.
#33Alex_SagePosted 10/2/2012 11:44:22 AM
Interesting. Yes I believe you because I worked as an Inspector for 3 years (terrible job) and Operators were getting around 100 dollars an hour PLUS overtime. The problem is the seasonal job and its inconsistant.

Now I'm a steady Structural Engineer. Less money, but better benefits and blah blah blah off topic yeah i know.
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#34Matt_256Posted 10/2/2012 11:52:10 AM
ddmcgrath posted...
Matt_256 posted...
ddmcgrath posted...
Matt_256 posted...

Oh, please do tell us what you do for a living, otherwise you just wasted our time with your little background story.

Wasn't really the point of my message but I'm a Journeyman Scaffolder...

Sounds interesting. Sadly, I was hoping it was some super-secret stress free job that I could've googled and pursued, but this definitely aint that.

My GF's dad is a contractor, and he's been at some army base on an island for months now. Works all day, makes awesome money, hits the bar with his crew at night. Comes home a couple days a month. At a certain point there's such thing as making too much money. Having a home and being able to afford food and necessities is all most people need to be happy. Being able to splurge on "so-so" games like RE6 isn't exactly worth it, imo (mainly because I pay nothing for games, ahemm ;d )

Kudos to you,though.

Yea, it's not worth it to some people. I figure if you just put your head down and grind it out you'll benefit in the long run. Your girlfriends dads life sounds nearly identical to mine. The worst is when I was stuck out in Regina for 8 months, I thought I was going to die of boredom. It was horrible but I was actually making more money there than I am right now. Not much more, but a little more. Still, I'd rather take the cut and work from where I am now only 4 hour drive away from home instead of on the other side of the country lol.

Money isn't the issue with games for me it's mostly time. Especially if I have to drive for about an hour one way off-site to pick it up, it better be good lol! Half the time I'm too tired to play anyways. I gotta start the long journey back to camp tomorrow..
#35zfair89Posted 10/2/2012 11:58:10 AM
Boy, do I feel sorry for those who get so hung up on game reviews.

Honestly though, barring the 3/10 score Jim Sterling's review isn't exactly out of the ordinary so I don't feel so bad about leaving this one until it gets cheaper. I'm still going to play this game at some stage, it's just not high on my list of priorities. The story ended reasonably well with RE5 so I'm not in any rush to see what happens next.
#36kdiddy4evaPosted 10/2/2012 11:58:30 AM
Matt_256 posted...
I work a lot so $60 is meaningless. I'm not gonna brag which it might sound like I am but I just cashed 3 cheques (get paid weekly) that totalled over $10,000 for 3 weeks work which is pretty much what I make on average. 7 days a week, 12 hours a day. After 8 hours it's overtime and on weekends it's all overtime and double overtime after 8 hours. The clerk at the bank was like "If you don't mind me asking.. what do you do for a living..?" I literally don't even get time to cash my cheques and I'm too lazy after work so when I go in there with a bunch of cheques they get all weird. Every couple months I take 3 or 4 days off to get some stuff done and go visit my sister.

Long story short, If I buy Resident Evil I'm not gonna say "Awww shucks! I missed out on my entertainments system!" and then somehow go on welfare LOL!

What hes trying to say is that hes broke
#37slimrobPosted 10/2/2012 12:01:07 PM
Alex_Sage posted...
slimrob posted...
Actually I make enough money to buy video games and buy top dollar electronics and still save money. But then again, I actually worked hard at making something out of myself rather then jumping at the opportunity to tear people down on here.. But you go ahead and try to "sound cool" while typing your post from your parents basement.

Well it sure sounds like you have it all figured out. Add a wife and kids to that equation though. Not so easy now, is it? And I'm not even going to touch the comment about parents basement.

And hell, I wasn't even talking to you, I'm just stating I'd rather save and did not like the TC's assumed "sheep" arguement.

I have a wife, kids, dog, two cars and a house. I'm not bragging, the point of my last post was giving back to you what you gave to the TC rather then coming in here and offering a proper opinion as to why you disagree. He wasn't assuming anything. His post was directed at those who simply listen to others (strangers at that) rather than trying it out for themselves. If you read many of the posts on here (site wide) you will see there is very large number (way more than half) of people who havent even played the game they are putting down. Unless a game is riddled with actual bugs, I genreally dont listen to reviews. Most reviews are biased in nature. If you buy a game and enjoy it, is it a waste of money?
#38SilentK88Posted 10/2/2012 12:01:31 PM
Funny, someone who has a different opinion about this game being worth $60 is a mindless lemming, following the leader, a troll, or has nothing better to do with his time but complain or a brainless idiot who can't make his own decisions because they are stuck in the past.

Could one of you mindless action packed zombie shooter fans take the time to think not everyone in your little box wanted to see a series turn into another mindless shooter and have the game changed from an entire genre. Its not about being brainless but preserving the integrity of a series.

Have fun with this game, and remember when your complaining about others complaining on a board site, take a little time to sit back and realize...... your on a board site complaining which doesn't make you any better than the other guy.
---
How do you live when your ruled by your past.
How can you let go of a past that made you.
#39El_ZaggyPosted 10/2/2012 12:17:17 PM
you know just go buy the game and get ripped because this game sucks, dont listen to other.

yea just go buy this car and dont listen to other that says this car isnt good and break easily, cost a lot of gas and isnt reliable. Just go get ripped off!

Yea just go buy this house even if the supporting structure is rotten, expert says it so, who care just buy it and get ripped off.

The best advice for anyone is to go check the information on something they are about to buy.

This is a game. Read the reviews to get your hopes down. Rent it. if you like, buy it. That is all. That said, game is horrible.
#40slimrobPosted 10/2/2012 12:19:40 PM
SilentK88 posted...
Funny, someone who has a different opinion about this game being worth $60 is a mindless lemming, following the leader, a troll, or has nothing better to do with his time but complain or a brainless idiot who can't make his own decisions because they are stuck in the past.

Could one of you mindless action packed zombie shooter fans take the time to think not everyone in your little box wanted to see a series turn into another mindless shooter and have the game changed from an entire genre. Its not about being brainless but preserving the integrity of a series.

Have fun with this game, and remember when your complaining about others complaining on a board site, take a little time to sit back and realize...... your on a board site complaining which doesn't make you any better than the other guy.

I dont have a problem with people having an opposing opinion. I have a problem with people who havent even tried the game they are opposing. If you at least tried the demo then thats fine. But a lot of people havent even done that. I at least have a basis for my opinion rather then just piggy backig off of someone elses opinion.