Scary?

#1xJuddPosted 10/3/2012 1:38:13 AM
I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of fear this game has caused me.Although I'm only just in the middle of Jake's campaign, I'm honestly struggling with an internal debate with myself as to whether or not this game is scary, or I'm just getting too old to be scared by videogames now. I remember playing Alan Wake a few months ago and being legitimately scared of the being alone while playing, but as far as Resident Evil 6 goes, im doing the most I can to increase the atmosphere for myself. High Volume, inches away from the screen, its nice and cold in my room, still next to no fear.

Anyways my question to you guys is: Did you have any lingering fear while playing this game? Do you prefer the "heavier" action that this game has brought to the table, or are more of a fan of the old suspenseful RE games?
#2ShredWillShredPosted 10/3/2012 1:41:13 AM
Even if it's an extremely predictable event, I'm still going to jump. It gets to me at times, at least the loud noises.
#3AllGodsDiePosted 10/3/2012 1:44:30 AM
Resident evil is not scary at all anymore. 4 had a good atmosphere, though it wasn't screaming horror. 5 even dropped that part. The series isn't about horror anymore, its just about using things associated with horror in a action game now.
---
Xboxtags-KarmaRetention/Pebble7880.
Steam-Allgodsdie
#4xJudd(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 1:57:34 AM
It saddens me that this is what Resident Evil has become. Not necessarily saying that RE 4, 5 and 6 are bad or anything, the game so far is superb, its just not what I was expecting from a RE game. I was expecting nightmares, but instead all I gotten so far are the not so intimidating J'avo (although when they transform into the spiders, they creep the heck out of me), and big bad and ugly, who's more annoying than scary.
#5gOwCoD4Posted 10/3/2012 1:58:39 AM
ShredWillShred posted...
Even if it's an extremely predictable event, I'm still going to jump. It gets to me at times, at least the loud noises.

---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#6gOwCoD4Posted 10/3/2012 2:00:06 AM
AllGodsDie posted...
Resident evil is not scary at all anymore. 4 had a good atmosphere, though it wasn't screaming horror. 5 even dropped that part. The series isn't about horror anymore, its just about using things associated with horror in a action game now.

Or maybe you just aren't scared by horror elements in video games anymore? I found RE6 to be quite creepy in parts if not downright scary. That cemetary bit with Leon and Helena was kind of nerve-racking, especially when they got separated.
---
#7xJudd(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 2:04:46 AM
From what I've read most on the threads, It seems like Leon's campaign is more along the lines of the gameplay that I was expecting. Jake's is cool, but not scary enough for me.
#8AllGodsDiePosted 10/3/2012 2:06:54 AM
gOwCoD4 posted...
AllGodsDie posted...

Or maybe you just aren't scared by horror elements in video games anymore? I found RE6 to be quite creepy in parts if not downright scary. That cemetary bit with Leon and Helena was kind of nerve-racking, especially when they got separated.

No, thats not it. I get super tense playing the dead space or silent hill series. Resident evil I'm just waiting for the next zombie to head shot.
---
Xboxtags-KarmaRetention/Pebble7880.
Steam-Allgodsdie
#9Gobey6Posted 10/3/2012 2:13:28 AM
There's a part in Chris's campaign that creeper me out... Not terrifying or anything but there's a part where you face a really unnerving enemy type in the bottom of a ship.
---
"You're never too young to have a Vietnam flashback." --- Gamertag: Gobey6
#10gOwCoD4Posted 10/3/2012 2:15:36 AM
Gobey6 posted...
There's a part in Chris's campaign that creeper me out... Not terrifying or anything but there's a part where you face a really unnerving enemy type in the bottom of a ship.

Ooh, are those the squiggly people that can go through the vents? I have no clue what the hell they are called, but I played as one in Agent Hunt before. Pretty fun.
---