The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I give this game 10/10

#1FaDRainPosted 10/3/2012 3:18:31 AM
I like the gameplay, I love the story, the graphics are perfectly fine. Flaws, I don't see many but I will admit to those that I do see; the head being a bullet sponge - a zombie shouldn't be able to take 9 rounds in the head before it asplodes.
Getting knocked down every five minutes annoyed me in the beginning but now I see it as a learning experience because I try to be quick at dodging and I try to stay away from floored zeds if they they aren't stunned from a fall.

Ammo, it isn't everywhere in Leon's campaign, there have been a few times when I've had to avoid enemies as Leon or resort to getting in close which I would like to point out is not cheap or easy, especially not when you have to resort to it when there is more than one enemy in grab range.

Chris' campaign, complainers, you seem to dislike the fact that a UN sanctioned anti bioterrorism team has a military feel and a number of physically large troops, not to mention ammo and guns up the wazoo....I'm sorry, would you prefer that the BSAA was never formed or that budget cuts negatively affect possibly the most important benevolent organization in the RE universe?
Do you want outbreaks to be created just so you can have 'the old school RE' with no explanation as to why trained troops aren't responding to something governments know exists and can spread quickly? "Oh, we'll just bomb the area every time" doesn't work. RE games have a story which means things have to be justified within the world that it takes place.

Maybe the series is going in the direction of more action, less "horror" (I've always felt that the horror always came from the design of the zombies and the creatures, in that case, it is just as much a horror game as the previes entries into the series)

I would argue that co-op has been a good move for the series, even when playing alone. The AI isn't all powerful, something I would like to point out about 5 especially, it doesn't fire constantly which makes the accuracy balanced, it doesn't help you all the time when you go down, whether that was due to flaws in programming or not doesn't matter...perfect AI would have made the game a breeze.

I see people complaining about it not being scary anymore, they never were scary. The atmosphere only got to me when I first played RE2 because I was a child. If I were to go and play one of them right now, I wouldn't be scared, no, I'd just be annoyed at having to jump from good controls to ancient controls. Jump scares only work the first few times, few work more than once.

This game has everything I like, great gameplay, a great story and the challenge fits the difficulties.

Why 10/10 when I'e made clear that I do believe there to be some faults? I don't feel that the flaws detract from the experience.

Oh, and cover...I definitely do not see the problem, low cover, only activated when you press A while aiming next to it, high cover, activated when you hold LT while next to it. Simple...not hard.

Back to the gameplay change, there has only been one game that I have been disappointed with because of a change in gameplay, that game is Parasite Eve 2, it went from an ATB based RPG to RE-like gameplay with RPG elements, along with boss one hit kills. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first game because of that reason and that reason only. That was a step back, RE5 and 6, I believe that they are both a step forward.
#2gOwCoD4Posted 10/3/2012 3:19:36 AM
I'm surprised that there is someone who isn't riding the RE nostalgia train on the Gfaqs forums.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#3FaDRain(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 4:06:10 AM
gOwCoD4 posted...
I'm surprised that there is someone who isn't riding the RE nostalgia train on the Gfaqs forums.

I've seen a few others defending the changes around the web, some of them are rather rabid about it though.

The thing that does annoy me about some of the haters is that they want a return to the old RE, but they either don't realize what would have to be done to facilitate that or they don't care. Massive outbreaks would be a big no-no in established canon, because the presence of the BSAA or any other military reaction force would have them screaming in outrage, co-op wouldn't make an appearance (I recall reading in the past that RE was always intended to be co-op but the technology didn't exist back then) and all the fake difficulty would have to be brought back.

It boils down to them wanting "horror", which as far as I can tell, amounts to jump scares and fixed camera angles.

PE2 being the only game that disappointed me because of a change in gameplay, that is incorrect, I forgot Mass Effect. I liked the gameplay in the first,I liked the cooldown mechanic and how after a playthrough or reaching a certain level you could buy the best weapons and with the best upgrades could fire a weapon without needing it to cooldown. Thermal clips come on, how is that a better mechanic? Another step back.
#4Tuggboat1121Posted 10/3/2012 4:25:11 AM
I'm not going to defend the changes because I do like the Resident Evil's of old much better. That being said I really didn't like 5 much, but am enjoying this game a lot. MUCH better than people are giving it credit for.
---
Baltimore Ravens 2-1
Beat the Patriots in week 3 FAIR AND SQUARE CRY MOAR BUTTHURT PATS FANS
#5Delgots77Posted 10/3/2012 4:31:49 AM
Totally agree with you man, personally I don't love giving scores to games, its either I like it or don't like it, but this game is just way too fun. Me and my friend bought it yesterday and started together on Leon's campaign at around 3pm and played to 1 in the morning, and we only managed to hit chapter 4 of 5!!! I honestly don't think I stopped smiling the whole time I was playing, its a really great game. Like you said, it was frustrating in the beginning always getting hit, but once you learn the dodge system, which happens to be really in depth and tuned, you can evade almost everything with the right timing, or there's even the quick shot ability, which saves my a** so many times! It doesn't deserve the negative criticism everyone's giving it, and... well, haters are gonna hate, and that's all you can really say, anyone who reads this, try renting it at least if you're iffy, its just so dam fun.
#6Dillon360Posted 10/3/2012 4:39:27 AM
Great gameplay?

Understandable

Great story?

Lay off the crack...
---
I sold my soul to the Devil. Three days later he demanded a refund...
#7Pat6670Posted 10/3/2012 4:45:31 AM
Thank you. This is the most intelligent post I've read on this board about this game. I agree 100% with all your points. I have been playing Resident Evil from the very first game and I absolutely love this new one.
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 10/3/2012 4:50:30 AM
FaDRain posted...

I see people complaining about it not being scary anymore, they never were scary. The atmosphere only got to me when I first played RE2 because I was a child. If I were to go and play one of them right now, I wouldn't be scared, no, I'd just be annoyed at having to jump from good controls to ancient controls. Jump scares only work the first few times, few work more than once.

Could not agree more... actually with most of your post. I disagree a little on the topic of co-op, but sometimes another person 'at risk' is just as tense as isolation.

To the point, I never found RE scary. RE1 came out when I was in college. Monsters didn't scare me anymore. I found it more tense to walk into a room swamped with zeds and having to make a quick decision than I ever did in a mutated boss fight. RE4 had some more grown-up scares-- that pit with the two chainsaw chicks, for instance. Chainsaws will startle you at the very least.
---
"Haters should work more to appreciate leisure." --QCTeamkill
#9Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 10/3/2012 4:57:49 AM
I agree with the topic post so much. The cover system is easy to use.....what are people talking about?
---
PSN : The14thOne.
#10Shinji_VinPosted 10/3/2012 5:11:38 AM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
I agree with the topic post so much. The cover system is easy to use.....what are people talking about?

It just takes getting used to.
But, I agree with TC also.
---
Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D please.