I see the natural progression for RESIDENT EVIL 7

#11WrydrunePosted 10/3/2012 2:58:06 PM
JascoD posted...
Resident Evil 7 will be about a black cop named Peter and will take place in Chicago when the outbreak hits.

No, it will be a guy named Ted in Chicago.
---
Capcom on racism:
We don't care what race our fans are, because we don't care about our fans.
#12NiNtEnDoMaNiAc1Posted 10/3/2012 2:59:58 PM
Quote:I have a feeling they're going to go back to Resident Evil 4 style.

Tank controls and all.

I wouldn't even be mad.

Why would you be mad? 4 is easily the best game.
---
GT: Mardy nS
All spelling mistakes are thanks to the iPhone I love dearly.
#13Moose_Of_WoePosted 10/3/2012 3:08:00 PM(edited)
You've got it all wrong.

FPS? Please. The entire game is one massive quick time event.

Chris Redfield's arch nemesis has returned! Wesker? Of course not you fool! The boulder has become zombified and has now taken the form of a massive asteroid headed for Earth.

Only Chris can go in to space, without a space suit, and punch that boulder right out of orbit. Also the boulder has "MATALO!" written in bright pink neon lights across it.

And then Optimus Prime dies followed by some more explosions.

After you finish the game, you unlock another QTE fest titled Barry's Beard. That's a story for ANOTHER time.
#14Sacrament4Posted 10/3/2012 3:12:02 PM
aDomination posted...
Natural progression of RE is Dead Space.

lol. That's why DS3 is turning into RE5, right?
#15WrydrunePosted 10/3/2012 3:17:09 PM
Moose_Of_Woe posted...
You've got it all wrong.

FPS? Please. The entire game is one massive quick time event.

Chris Redfield's arch nemesis has returned! Wesker? Of course not you fool! The boulder has become zombified and has now taken the form of a massive asteroid headed for Earth.

Only Chris can go in to space, without a space suit, and punch that boulder right out of orbit. Also the boulder has "MATALO!" written in bright pink neon lights across it.

And then Optimus Prime dies followed by some more explosions.

After you finish the game, you unlock another QTE fest titled Barry's Beard. That's a story for ANOTHER time.

I want to say I know that MATALO thing but I can't remember from what.
---
Capcom on racism:
We don't care what race our fans are, because we don't care about our fans.
#16Moose_Of_WoePosted 10/3/2012 4:52:31 PM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpinHh_XoFs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHwu6n92v9M

xD

Among other random Ganados.
#17pobattiPosted 10/3/2012 4:54:45 PM
aDomination posted...
Natural progression of RE is Dead Space.

I've not played Dead Space, but I've always though Resident Evil would one day evolve into something similar to BioShock. That game was amazingly Resident Evil like (apart from the plasmids, and the vending machines that removed 'survival' from 'survival horror').
#18apatrick0516Posted 10/3/2012 4:56:30 PM
wwesniper posted...
I have a feeling they're going to go back to Resident Evil 4 style.

Tank controls and all.

I wouldn't even be mad.

If they made RE7 like 4 but with better controls, I'd buy it day one. Also, no stupid AI partner if you choose to play solo like in RE5.

Though even if they kept the same controls, I'd still likely love it. Played 4 to death.
---
This here's ma signature!
#19Fredrick2003xPosted 10/3/2012 5:07:01 PM
Resident Evil already had two first person shooters (Survivor and Survivor 2) and I liked them well enough, but mechanically they were piss poor. Keep in mind the first FPS for the series was made before Resident Evil 3 was even out, so its hardly a new thing.

I would be all on board for Resident Evil becoming an FPS.
---
Currently Playing: Penumbra: Overture (Frictional, 2007) - Silent Hill: Homecoming (Double Helix, 2008) - Dead Space (EA Redwood, 2008)
#20pobattiPosted 10/3/2012 5:13:40 PM
Fredrick2003x posted...
Resident Evil already had two first person shooters (Survivor and Survivor 2) and I liked them well enough, but mechanically they were piss poor. Keep in mind the first FPS for the series was made before Resident Evil 3 was even out, so its hardly a new thing.

I would be all on board for Resident Evil becoming an FPS.

Those games were too focussed on the novelty that 'you hold the gun', that they were rather lightweight experiences that were incredibly on-rails.

I'd like to see a RE game take a Skyrim/Fallout 3 approach. In some respects we're almost there already (or at least, we were until they removed tank controls), since RE4 and 5 were essentially first-person games with an avatar positioned close to the camera blocking some of the view.

Remove that avatar and the games would play a bit better, I'm sure of it :)