RE5 was my favorite resident evil.

#1EzekieIPosted 10/3/2012 1:38:29 PM
For the co-op alone. A fresh, no-upgrade/store pro run was the most fun I've had with any game this gen. Does this game hold the same potential for that type of fun?

I've been with the series since the first installment. Don't care about the action/horror crap I see everyone whining about. I just wanna know how well the co-op is implemented and if the gameplay is broken.
#2CD SetPosted 10/3/2012 1:42:35 PM
Well, me and my best friend had a blast through RE5 with co-op, and we are certainly having a blast through this one as well. The co-op is very similar, except in RE6 there are more points where you're actually separated and have to help each other from afar than in 5, where you were pretty much constantly glued to one another.

Take that as you will.
---
I just stole 2 seconds from your life.
No, you can't have them back...
#3EzekieI(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 2:00:48 PM
TY for the input. Will keep bumping this as time passes so more people can input as they play more of the game
#4Sacrament4Posted 10/3/2012 2:13:52 PM
RE5 was really fun. It had a terrible boring story, stupid locals, and tried to hard to be a movie...but at the end of the day it was fun. Until the last few chapters...the shooting zobie and the cover...why did that have to carry over to RE6..why?!
#5EzekieI(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 2:59:38 PM
Sacrament4 posted...
RE5 was really fun. It had a terrible boring story, stupid locals, and tried to hard to be a movie...but at the end of the day it was fun. Until the last few chapters...the shooting zobie and the cover...why did that have to carry over to RE6..why?!

Yeah. The later parts of 4 and 5 weren't exactly spectacular, which reminds me. Are there rail gun segments and how many? Those are never fun.
#6poisonrules56Posted 10/3/2012 3:01:25 PM
Is there new game plus, should I just but re4 instead
#7EzekieI(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 3:04:24 PM
poisonrules56 posted...
Is there new game plus, should I just but re4 instead

You should buy 4 either way. Tis a great game with great atmosphere.
#8SodapopVIIPosted 10/3/2012 3:06:37 PM
I have played RE5 a lot more than the original games on Playstation and the GC titles - but even a professional mode co-op run and countless online fun cannot match what the older titles does for me... boring locales, generic orchestral score and limited pacing... all in one straight line.
---
Gamefaqs user since 1999.
#9teehee23Posted 10/3/2012 3:07:42 PM
EzekieI posted...
For the co-op alone. A fresh, no-upgrade/store pro run was the most fun I've had with any game this gen. Does this game hold the same potential for that type of fun?

I've been with the series since the first installment. Don't care about the action/horror crap I see everyone whining about. I just wanna know how well the co-op is implemented and if the gameplay is broken.

Did you play the dlc Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape?
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#10dreamofwakeingPosted 10/3/2012 3:08:58 PM
I played 5 like 3 times through. Infinite Ammo, Rocket Run is mad fun.