RE5 was my favorite resident evil.

#11EzekieI(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 4:20:48 PM
teehee23 posted...
EzekieI posted...
For the co-op alone. A fresh, no-upgrade/store pro run was the most fun I've had with any game this gen. Does this game hold the same potential for that type of fun?

I've been with the series since the first installment. Don't care about the action/horror crap I see everyone whining about. I just wanna know how well the co-op is implemented and if the gameplay is broken.

Did you play the dlc Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape?

Yup. with the same person as the campaign too. They were both enjoyable, but DE was the one we played most. Only thing I didn't really like was being blindsided with the cannons, but they were bearable. The boss rush type thing at the end was awesome though.
#12ocelot51Posted 10/3/2012 4:24:52 PM
Co-op in this game is phenomenal in my opinion. It has the perfect amount of teamwork and "separate but concurrent" segments that it's a blast.
---
"It is only [in La Mulana] that we entrust our fate." -Japanese indie developer NIGORO on their love of the art.
#13PsyEdPosted 10/3/2012 4:35:03 PM
After gears on 360 RE5 was an awesome co-op game. I personally think RE5 looks BETTER than RE6 in every way.

But when it comes to the series RE4 and RE remake on GC are my fav games.
---
PsyEd on 360 & PSN
#14Enix BelmontPosted 10/3/2012 4:52:42 PM
5 is my favorite as well and I'd bet you won't hate the game, but it's absolutely not as good as 5 or 4.

Check the giant bomb review. Same guy who gave 5 a perfect score hated this game. I don't agree it's as bad as he thinks, but he makes a lot of legitimate complaints.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#15EzekieI(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 5:53:16 PM
Bought it. I'll post my thoughts on the game if this topic is still alive.
#16lonelyhamsterPosted 10/4/2012 6:20:05 PM(edited)
People that hate on RE5 do it for asinine reasons like they didn't like the co-op or the inventory or the story. Never any criticisms of the level design or enemies or mechanics. I write all of them off as r*****s. Same with people who liked Revelations but hated 4 and 5.

I'm on chapter 3-2 right now (in RE5) and I love that they swarm you with zombies all the time and keep you low on ammo and having to rely on zombies dropping some. I had more fun with 4 but I think 5 is great too.
#17SoReal611Posted 10/4/2012 6:47:50 PM
I loved RE5, but this is coming from someone who had only played RE4 previously. I suppose it was because I had the luxury of playing the game with my brother, gf, and best friend all of whom had only played RE4 and loved it just as much as I did. I'm lucky enough to have that luxury again with RE6.
---
Name: Chris
Pokemon White FC: 2451 4236 6127
#18fuchikomaPosted 10/4/2012 6:55:01 PM
EzekieI posted...
Sacrament4 posted...
RE5 was really fun. It had a terrible boring story, stupid locals, and tried to hard to be a movie...but at the end of the day it was fun. Until the last few chapters...the shooting zobie and the cover...why did that have to carry over to RE6..why?!

Yeah. The later parts of 4 and 5 weren't exactly spectacular, which reminds me. Are there rail gun segments and how many? Those are never fun.

*SPOILER*

There's actually a lot of driving levels instead this time.... you'll be driving a humvee that for some reason has nitro... there's jet combat, snow mobile racing, motorcycle driving, helicopter flying, and some underwater swimming.
#19AthenovPosted 10/4/2012 7:15:01 PM
i like everything about RE6. i mainly buy RE games for actual realistic zombie killings with blood and guts and bullet holes in bodies and flying limbs etc. compared to L4D and other zombie type games, im not saying they suck im just saying that RE 4-6 have a more real feel to it.

and also on the small cut scenes that show you dying or getting killed (chewed on, etc) it actually continues to show that you become a zombie or something else.

also, i believe they brought back the constant ammo loss from RE 1-3 except now you have a partner to watch your back instead of you dodging zombies until you find a safe room, ammo, or reach your destination.

there's alot more i want to type but i run out of time because i have to go do something.
#20ymmac1707Posted 10/4/2012 7:32:23 PM
I love RE5, still play RE5, but RE4 is a classic, will buy RE6 when I get board of FIFA13