As Leon, I feel like my handgun is useless.

#1Tbon110Posted 10/3/2012 1:38:30 PM
I just out of the sewers with Leon, but good lord, is there any way besides using skill points to make his handgun stronger? It feels even weaker than the default handgun in RE 4, which was pretty bad itself. It seems to take anywhere from 3 to 5 head shots just to kill a single zombie. Should I just stick to using melee for finishing off zombies until I get a shotgun? And if so, anyone got any tips for handling crowds? I'm being demolished when facing anymore than 3 zombies at a time.
---
The greatest evil is the indifference of good men.
#2TheLegendofDevPosted 10/3/2012 1:39:50 PM
Handle crowds by running. And focus on meleeing a zombie after a stunning headshot.
---
Here comes Justice!
#3ShadowlinkexPosted 10/3/2012 1:40:43 PM
Tbon110 posted...
I just out of the sewers with Leon, but good lord, is there any way besides using skill points to make his handgun stronger? It feels even weaker than the default handgun in RE 4, which was pretty bad itself. It seems to take anywhere from 3 to 5 head shots just to kill a single zombie. Should I just stick to using melee for finishing off zombies until I get a shotgun? And if so, anyone got any tips for handling crowds? I'm being demolished when facing anymore than 3 zombies at a time.

You don't need to kill everything in sight, you know...
I recommend quickfiring when surrounded and immediately going for a melee. It will always be a roundhouse kick which gives you space.
#4Tbon110(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 1:42:42 PM
I haven't noticed a lot fights that can be avoided yet. Most of the enemies in RE 5 had to be killed to proceed, maybe that's my problem.
---
The greatest evil is the indifference of good men.
#5Prototype909Posted 10/3/2012 1:44:14 PM
At least during Jake's campaign you're allowed to avoid combat greater than 50% of the time
#6ShadowlinkexPosted 10/3/2012 1:44:47 PM
You can certainly run past a lot of enemies in Leon's campaign. Don't hesitate to do so.

And again, quickfire+roundhouse; sure to give you enough space to book it or handle them with a bit more ease :)
#7Talon5967Posted 10/3/2012 1:46:15 PM
I think there are some part of Leon's campaign where the enemies are infinite. It's supposed to be an entire city turning into zombies, and you're supposed to be running through it.

But yeah, headshots aren't as effective with the handgun as they should be. I mean, if you can nail a zombie in the head with how much Leon's aim shakes, you deserve to get the fast kill.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
Gamertag: Talon Omega
#8Blind_374Posted 10/3/2012 1:46:51 PM
I strongly recommend investing in the Firepower skill, I'm at Firepower Lvl 2, makes his pistol take down most normal zombies in two well placed shots.
#9ShadowlinkexPosted 10/3/2012 1:47:05 PM
Also depends on what mode you're playing on btw****** Bear that in mind.
#10BribarPosted 10/3/2012 1:47:27 PM
Go into Mercs with the dual pistols though and your whole opinion will change. Although unless you've got a surplus of ammo i wouldn't suggest the duals in campaign unless youre in an emergency.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 1979-4635-4855