Fanboys need not apply or comment.

#21SquallLuvsL4PPosted 10/3/2012 3:04:31 PM
8/10, this is after completing both Leon and Chris's campaigns while in the middle of Jakes.

One of the major problems it has is that the campaigns try to do something different, and if you start one campaign after completing another, it just it just feels so different that you have no clue what you should do.

Example: In Chris's campaign you'll probably just run up and shoot everthing in sight. You do that and then go to Leons and you'll get killed quickly, because distance and ammo conservation are your friends.

The graphics need some tightining up, but you can tell they put alot of effort into them. You just seem some flickering here and there during the more action packed scenes.

The story is meh so far though. Only part that truely impressed me is Piers. I was thinking the whole time "Why do we have this idiot? He's more pointless then Sheva! I want Jill, dammit.". Then a certain scene happened and I was all "...oh. Well...Thats kind of awesome. I guess he's alright."

All in all, some will love it, some will hate it. I personally like it.
---
This post is made of 100% REAL CHEESE
Care to take a bite? Number of bites: 20
#22dreamofwakeingPosted 10/3/2012 3:05:09 PM
I agree, OTEs are waaay too overused. Like unnecessary OTEs that aren't cool and sometimes downright frustrating. Not a game breaker but surely an unwelcome distraction.
#23Agnostic420Posted 10/3/2012 3:06:31 PM
I think people need to pace themselves and not play all of one campaign.

If you want to slow down on QTE's toggle between Leon and Chris's campaign. Chris's campaign has like.. none that I can think of atm.
---
Use an authenticator. No excuses. You get hacked, your fault. Authenticator. Get it. Use it. Love it. Massage it. Feel it. hold it. Type it. Use it. insert it.
#24DjDezzyPosted 10/3/2012 3:07:53 PM
8 out of 10.

Controls might take a bit of getting used to. Clunky cover system is a slight problem. And there are plenty of cheap deaths that are a turn off.
#25HowatizerPosted 10/3/2012 3:17:28 PM
I am far from a fanboy for anything excepg maybe Minecraft... but that game is godly.

I would rate RE 6 a solid 7.5/10. It has its flaws... but then again what game doesn't. I am enjoying it far more then I did RE 5 for whatever that is worth. Merc mode is still fun and agent hunt is great if you enjoy trolling/griefing players.

The critism this game has faced is way too overzealous... if you stripped the "Resident Evil" and this was a new IP then the view would be much different. I suggest if you get it to try and treat it as a RE trying to break its normqp formula... which is what i have felt since I have been playing it and I was on the fence for a bit after the terrible reviews, but it has turned out much better then the haters would like to think or force down people's throats.
---
EnvySin Posted:"Rediculous. Not ridiculous. Why so illiterate?" http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/981374-batman-arkham-city/61497917
#26LostOdyssey17Posted 10/3/2012 3:18:18 PM
At LEAST a 7-8 out of 10. At LEAST. And thats coming in from 2 chapters in each story.
---
I'm not one of you, I'm not a nerd. I talk to women. Be jealous.
#27vashtrichamPosted 10/3/2012 3:23:39 PM
Quote:8/10

Game is fine, it's pretty much where most people knew the series was going after 4 and 5. If you aren't blinded by hatred of Capcom you will probably enjoy this game.

@Prototype909
This
---
I just stabbed a parking attendant... Wheres the button to turn myself in- Hank Hill
#28Mander1861(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 3:29:49 PM
Well I have to say thanks to everyone on here since this has been actually informative and rage free.
Guess im picking it up now.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster.
http://www.twitch.tv/bortron_buttsekks
#29DiJinda87Posted 10/3/2012 3:33:35 PM
8/10

I was ready to not buy this game because of my extreme dislike of 5, but as an action game it works really well.
If you go in expecting some atmospheric, exploration heavy, survival horror game then you will be disappointed. However it totally works for me as a over the top TPS with lots of action.
The QTEs are almost all terribly designed though, they take me right out of the game, also the intro level is well shot but it should have just been a movie, its almost all QTEs and a very poor way to introduce players to the game.
Some people absolutely hate it though, I say try the demo, I really enjoyed the demo and am really enjoying the game.
---
Oh, kkeuchin geoni ni mamsokae Eejae nan deo eesang eopneun geon Nan neol neol saenggak-hamyeon... Neomu apa apa apa.... Apa apa
#30dreadgod420Posted 10/3/2012 3:35:17 PM
I have played the resident evil serious since the first one. I like them all, they all have there up's and downs. This game is a big change in the serious. Sometimes change is good sometimes it is bad but change is needed when you make new games in a serious. KIf it was the same old thing everytime that would get boring and lame. So in this case the change was a great choice. I give this game a 9/10. I know what alot of people are saying, that the serious is ruined. Not even close people just dont like change and cant admit it is a great and fun game. I love it.