Going to buy the game but a few questions first (No Spoilers Please)

#1desi_shinobiPosted 10/3/2012 4:01:41 PM
I have been a fan of Resident Evil ever since the first game on the PS1.

And own and thoroughly enjoyed 0,1,1DC,1Remake,2,3,CV,4 and 5 (Not including the spin offs) and played them all to death and I don't dislike any of them. RE 0 and 2 being my favourite.

But its the first time I been on the fence about a RE game. I know deep down I still am going to purchase it regardless how bad it is (Did it with Ninja Gaiden 3 unfortunately) but I have a few questions that I liked answered just to get out the way before I actually bite the bullet and buy it.

I have avoided video reviews and trailers like the plague to avoid spoilers too.

- Is the QTE excessive in this game? I didn't mind it in RE4 and 5 but I heard through the grapevine that its REALLY REALLY BAD. Which I hate with a passion and prevented me enjoying Ninja Blade and Asuras Wrath because they had exceptional cutscenes and enjoyable story but the QTE ruined the experience for me.

- Is the weapon selection as huge as it was in RE5?

- Does it have a New Game + and Chapter Select and do weapons carry over?

- Does it have unlockable Infinite Ammo

- Unlockable costumes

- Handcannon made a return?

- Mercenaries mode better then ever?

- Unlockable content? ( Like the mini statuette CG models, literature, cutscene viewer, artwork etc etc)

That's all I can think of now.

May have some more questions later. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!! Thanks!!
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#2Prototype909Posted 10/3/2012 4:03:22 PM

All the weapons are still in but no real upgrading this time, skills are in the game which provide bonuses though. Require points and give different effects in both Campaign and Mercs

Yes

Yes

- Unlockable costumes

In mercenaries yes, idk about Campaign

Not sure

It's def harder this time, compared to 5 at least. Not as many stages on release though :(

- Unlockable content? ( Like the mini statuette CG models, literature, cutscene viewer, artwork etc etc)

Yes
#3DjDezzyPosted 10/3/2012 4:05:27 PM
desi_shinobi posted...
I have been a fan of Resident Evil ever since the first game on the PS1.

And own and thoroughly enjoyed 0,1,1DC,1Remake,2,3,CV,4 and 5 (Not including the spin offs) and played them all to death and I don't dislike any of them. RE 0 and 2 being my favourite.

But its the first time I been on the fence about a RE game. I know deep down I still am going to purchase it regardless how bad it is (Did it with Ninja Gaiden 3 unfortunately) but I have a few questions that I liked answered just to get out the way before I actually bite the bullet and buy it.

I have avoided video reviews and trailers like the plague to avoid spoilers too.

- Is the QTE excessive in this game? I didn't mind it in RE4 and 5 but I heard through the grapevine that its REALLY REALLY BAD. Which I hate with a passion and prevented me enjoying Ninja Blade and Asuras Wrath because they had exceptional cutscenes and enjoyable story but the QTE ruined the experience for me.

- Unlockable costumes

That's all I can think of now.

May have some more questions later. NO SPOILERS PLEASE!! Thanks!!

Give us some time to finish and don't ask on this board for things about RE6. There's a lot of rampant haters who will tell you it's a waste of money. If your real fan just go buy it and you will thoroughly enjoy and infinite ammo is there from the start. Go pick it up and have some fun.
#4ada_perfectionPosted 10/3/2012 4:08:36 PM
Of course you can buy this game if you want, but imo you are wasting $60. I'm trading this game in tomorrow, can't stand this crap.
#5desi_shinobi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 5:25:25 PM
I'm sure I can get it for 30 somewhere but even if its 40. I'd still buy it.

Ill buy it for the story if anything else.
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi
#6teehee23Posted 10/3/2012 5:27:01 PM
ada_perfection posted...
Of course you can buy this game if you want, but imo you are wasting $60. I'm trading this game in tomorrow, can't stand this crap.

Good.
bye bye
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...