I don't understand the low scores

#1ClinkPosted 10/4/2012 2:13:49 AM
I'm about half-way through first chapter of Leon's campaign, so granted I've hardly scratched the surface of this game, but it already seems to be much better than RE5 was, and RE5 was objectively at least a 7/10 game.

So why the sub 5/10 scores? It makes literally no sense. Any publication giving this game such a score has lost any sense of credibility in my eyes.

I know the market is saturated with third-person shooters, and there are some that do it better than RE6, but honestly...the controls are serviceable, the lighting and models are outstanding (granted the textures are quite poor), and the gameplay is enjoyable. Is it GOTY? Clearly not, but it's definitely worth a purchase. Is it a worthy successor to RE? This is a subjective question, so it shouldn't really factor into a review score.
---
Abomstarrunner is the kindest GameFAQ's user I have encountered on this board. A true gentleman :). Thanks a lot buddy ^^
#2gOwCoD4Posted 10/4/2012 2:16:15 AM
All the low scores are from people who either don't know how to play the game or people still riding the nostalgia train expecting RE6 to be the next RE4 Remake.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#3Snizzle41Posted 10/4/2012 2:18:06 AM
gOwCoD4 posted...
All the low scores are from people who either don't know how to play the game or people still riding the nostalgia train expecting RE6 to be the next RE4 Remake.

Can't I appreciate the game is a passable action game, but still dislike it?
#4Clink(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 2:23:59 AM
Snizzle41 posted...
gOwCoD4 posted...

Can't I appreciate the game is a passable action game, but still dislike it?

Of course you can. This is how I felt about RE5. It was a passable action game, but I personally disliked it. If I was ever tasked with reviewing it I would give it the score it deserves, which IMO is a 7.5.

Game reviewers have to realise their personal feelings should have minimal impact on how they review games. What happens otherwise is some games receive overly-inflated scores because the reviewer personally loved it, while in the case of RE6 you have abysmal scores which are not reflective of the decent quality of the game.
---
Abomstarrunner is the kindest GameFAQ's user I have encountered on this board. A true gentleman :). Thanks a lot buddy ^^
#5f0rcaPosted 10/4/2012 2:27:53 AM
Very well said, I agree
#6Spade59Posted 10/4/2012 2:28:43 AM
Clink posted...
I'm about half-way through first chapter of Leon's campaign, so granted I've hardly scratched the surface of this game

Right, you're playing what little quality the game has to offer. Past chapter 3 everything sucks.
#7AhrimanTheStillPosted 10/4/2012 2:31:46 AM
gOwCoD4 posted...

Please stop posting. The reasons for low scores is because the game is just a walking generic action game stuffed with tons of QTEs and lackluster gameplay features. Its biggest actual good quality is its story. Its a massively flawed game. Also its not a hard game to play its actually made for casual gamers. QTEs tons of item lots of ammo etc. But i guess thats the typical uneducated defense. "They just dont like it because they arent good at it." Also again using nostalgia as an excuse. Ive listed above its many features that are bad and what audience its trying to market itself to.

But really what can i expect from someone with COD in his name really. That game was made for slack jawed cod fans and casuals. People who cant grasp real item conservation and critical thinking.
---
The big H . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxsN423EVs
#8hehe101Posted 10/4/2012 2:35:24 AM
Agreed, gamespots review actually confuses me.
#9PhilR1Posted 10/4/2012 2:36:29 AM
After reading several dozens topics TC, it seems to be that people who love the original RE or RE2 just want another game just like them so will not tolerate anything different.

I have even seen posts of people that are still waiting for an updated RE1 game. Wasn't it released around 1996? 16 years ago? It is time for those people to move on or accept the change. There are plenty of other games to get this year. If I didn't like the new changes I would just buy something else, very simple solution.

I would love to play updated games that I loved playing back in the 1990's but accepted a long while ago that it is better to just be nostalgic and have fond memories rather than complaining about something that will clearly never happen.

For the record I am on Chapter 3 Leon campaign and think it is great so far. A healthy 8.5/10 from me.
---
Currently playing Borderlands 2 & Resident Evil 6. Next games I'm buying - Dishonored, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Halo 4, Black Ops II, Hitman Absolution
#10Spade59Posted 10/4/2012 2:38:26 AM
AhrimanTheStill posted...
That game was made for slack jawed cod fans and casuals. People who cant grasp real item conservation and critical thinking.

Basically the majority, which Capcom seems to be pandering to.