The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

There's no instruction manual so I have several questions.

#1LegendaryHeroRebornPosted 10/4/2012 3:58:29 AM
Why doesn't it have big words or a sound that it's saving and what is considered a chapter? I've been playing for 2 1/2 hours in Leon's campaign, I thought it saved it after I got the shotgun then it put me back in the beginning where there the cars are flying and it's hell on Earth, btw, which is a cool part that is reminiscent of RE2.

How can I share herbs and guns with my partner in the Mercenaries? Why aren't there any other guns, rocket launchers, different kinds of grenade launchers, etc. to pick up?

How can I unlock additional Mercenaries stages?

How come the zombies dissolve and their heads don't explode to tentacles anymore?

How come nobody joins my story session when I've played for a while? I had the XBLive set to allow joining on and this game is new so why is it like that.

It says saving content, but it didn't save the skill points I've picked up when my partner died and the next round he left the session. Why?! I've played for almost 30 minutes for nothing.

I've played the campaign 2 1/2 hours and I've only earned 3000 skill points. So how long do I have to play to get the skill points for infinite ammo and those other high ones? Is there a stage to farm skill points? Thanks in advance for your help!
---
3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070. SSB Brawl FC: 3265-4738-3740
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.
#2gOwCoD4Posted 10/4/2012 4:05:48 AM
In Leon's campaign, Zombies are Zombies, not Majini, so they won't explode into 'tentacles' anymore.

There are only five chapters per campaign, and they are roughly an hour and a half to two hours in length, but there are checkpoints along the way.

You unlock additional stages in Mercenaries by completing campaigns. To my experience, Leon's doesn't unlock one, but Chris and Jake's campaigns do.

I'm not sure if you can share items anymore, but each player has his own independant item drop system (EX: If you kill an enemy and he drops ammo, and your partner picks it up, you can still pick up the ammo because he only picked up his own copy of the ammo. Same works for health, skill points and weapons)

People are either playing the game solo or with a friend, I haven't actually found many players playing online either (Well, players trying to join games anyways. I've always found two players at the story intersection points to play co-op with)

You need to get a certain number of kills with that type of weapon to unlock infinite ammo for it, and you also need to complete the campaigns (I think), but I dunno how much it costs to actually buy the skills.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#3PhilR1Posted 10/4/2012 4:11:33 AM
LegendaryHeroReborn posted...
I've played the campaign 2 1/2 hours and I've only earned 3000 skill points. So how long do I have to play to get the skill points for infinite ammo and those other high ones? Is there a stage to farm skill points? Thanks in advance for your help!

Chapter 2 Leon campaign is a good way to farm skill points.

In the cemetery, the zombies will keep respawning. I have got the item drop increase skill equipped and I do seem to get more skill points that way.

Also when you get to the Cathedral, don't go inside when you have the opportunity as there are lots of tough enemies to kill that will give you 500-1000 skill points in each. Not sure if it is constant repawning but it did seem to go on a while for me.

Chapter 3 Leon farming opportunity

In Chapter 3 Leon campaign when you get to the area where Leon says it is the centre of the earth, you get infinite zombie spawning there as well.
---
Currently playing Borderlands 2 & Resident Evil 6. Next games I'm buying - Dishonored, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Halo 4, Black Ops II, Hitman Absolution
#4gOwCoD4Posted 10/4/2012 4:17:19 AM
PhilR1 posted...

Chapter 2 Leon campaign is a good way to farm skill points.

In the cemetery, the zombies will keep respawning. I have got the item drop increase skill equipped and I do seem to get more skill points that way.

Also when you get to the Cathedral, don't go inside when you have the opportunity as there are lots of tough enemies to kill that will give you 500-1000 skill points in each. Not sure if it is constant repawning but it did seem to go on a while for me.

Chapter 3 Leon farming opportunity

In Chapter 3 Leon campaign when you get to the area where Leon says it is the centre of the earth, you get infinite zombie spawning there as well.

If you do what this person said for the Chapter 2 farming opportunity, be wary of Bloodshots. They can easily knock out two of your life blocks in one grapple attack. So if you see an enemy with glowing eyes, avoid shooting it in the head (that's what triggers the bloodshot transformation)

Also, if you see a screamer, shoot it in the neck. I always find that they drop more skillpoints this way (Normal kill nets me around 100, popping the throat kills the zombies around it AND gives me 500 points instead)

Mercenaries is a much better way to farm skill points by the way, as your skill points carry over from the multiple gametypes (Skills don't and are different in Mercenaries, Agent Hunt and Campaign)
---
#5LegendaryHeroReborn(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 4:24:38 AM
You need to get a certain number of kills with that type of weapon to unlock infinite ammo for it...

It unlocks it meaning I still have to buy it with a lot of skill points? If it's 1-2 hours per chapter, that means either I'm slow since I look at the cool graphics in the environments or I died several times because I'm a noob when it comes to less ammo & herbs.

PhilR1, how do you highlight it black like that? That's good, I'll keep farming there.
---
#6PhilR1Posted 10/4/2012 4:27:49 AM
You need to get a certain number of kills with that type of weapon to unlock infinite ammo for it...

PhilR1, how do you highlight it black like that? That's good, I'll keep farming there.

Look at this - (spoiler)put in text here(/spoiler)

Change the brackets to the two keys to the right of the letter M on the keyboard. Sorry my brain isn't working at the moment so can't remember what they are called LOL
---
Currently playing Borderlands 2 & Resident Evil 6. Next games I'm buying - Dishonored, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Halo 4, Black Ops II, Hitman Absolution
#7gOwCoD4Posted 10/4/2012 4:28:08 AM

It unlocks it meaning I still have to buy it with a lot of skill points? If it's 1-2 hours per chapter, that means either I'm slow since I look at the cool graphics in the environments or I died several times because I'm a noob when it comes to less ammo & herbs.

Yes. You need to complete the Campaign modes to unlock infinite ammunition (similar to RE5 where you had to upgrade a weapon completely to be able to unlock infinite ammo for it), but the infinite ammo is a skill instead of a global unlock.

And no, people can take much longer at the game than that (Like I said, the average for each chapter is around 2 hours)

< spoiler > text here </ spoiler >

Obviously you have to remove the spaces.
---
#8LegendaryHeroReborn(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 4:45:24 AM
If you do what this person said for the Chapter 2 farming opportunity, be wary of Bloodshots. They can easily knock out two of your life blocks in one grapple attack. So if you see an enemy with glowing eyes, avoid shooting it in the head (that's what triggers the bloodshot transformation)

Also, if you see a screamer, shoot it in the neck. I always find that they drop more skillpoints this way (Normal kill nets me around 100, popping the throat kills the zombies around it AND gives me 500 points instead)

Mercenaries is a much better way to farm skill points by the way, as your skill points carry over from the multiple gametypes (Skills don't and are different in Mercenaries, Agent Hunt and Campaign)

I just saw those bloodshots a while ago and they're nasty. I killed a bunch of them easily in Mercenaries without losing 2 life blocks, but maybe they're like that in the story mode. I heard I just have to either counter them or throw a flash grenade so they're in a kneeling position then melee finish them.

What does a screamer look like? That's cool that it kills nearby zombies in proximity with its voice.

Wait, what you said in the parenthesis is opposite from what you said before it. So the skill points are the same with Story Campaign, Mercenaries, and Agent Hunt or not? When my online partner dies or leaves the session/room, it says saving but I don't get the skill points right? So it's still better playing offline with CPU partner and my brother?
---
#9PhilR1Posted 10/4/2012 4:50:59 AM

What does a screamer look like? That's cool that it kills nearby zombies in proximity with its voice.

You'll know the Screamer as soon as you see it! At first it runs away from you. It is the only enemy I have seen so far in the game that does this. When it comes back and ready to scream, a red pus-like bag appears around the chest area. Shoot it and keep shooting it! When it gets on his knees to die, get away from it as it can do a final dying scream which will hurt you. It doesn't have any clothes on but no muscles on show like the other zombies in cemetery.

As far as I am aware there are no flash grenades in Leon's campaign but I could be wrong. Not picked any up as of yet and I am on Chapter 3. I certainly never had any on Chapter 2 when I was in the cemetery. I use the shotgun to kill screamers.
---
#10LegendaryHeroReborn(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 4:13:03 AM
You unlock additional stages in Mercenaries by completing campaigns. To my experience, Leon's doesn't unlock one, but Chris and Jake's campaigns do.

That would take a long time. Can I unlock other Mercenaries stages just buy getting A's in stages like in RE5?

How can I share herbs and guns with my partner in the Mercenaries? Why aren't there any other guns, rocket launchers, different kinds of grenade launchers, etc. to pick up?

My brother just died in the last 30 seconds in Mercenaries because those naked muscle zombies instantly killed him with 1 bar left! I couldn't share the plenty of herbs in that capsule RB with him while he's still alive (I know about RB when he's lying on the ground) and I don't know how to use the first aid spray, even in the story mode.

As far as I am aware there are no flash grenades in Leon's campaign but I could be wrong. Not picked any up as of yet and I am on Chapter 3. I certainly never had any on Chapter 2 when I was in the cemetery. I use the shotgun to kill screamers.

Yes there isn't. I was talking about Mercenaries. I saw a screamer a while ago. I just started Chapter 2 when the school bus was burning. The cemetery farming for skill points that you two are talking about, is it that one right after the burning bus?
---